2017 Colorado 13,000 Mile Update

fondupot

Just a quick walk around, and chat about my experience so far with my 2017 Colorado. Just rolled over 13,000 miles. Also more importantly, my channel rolled over 2,000 subscribers.

Thanks to everyone who watches and likes! Stay tuned for more videos soon!

Yea, Line-X and Bullet are my top choices. Downside of Bullet liner is that there isn't an installer near me. I'd have to drive a minimum of 1.5 hours to get there.

Honestly, of the 13,000 miles, I've enjoyed them all. The truck does great for my normal everyday commuting. And its a great weekend warrior for running to the hardware store and picking up building supplies for my basement project. I also have a side business of moving furniture for an Estate Sale company, so the I use the truck as a truck quite often. I haven't ever thought I wish I had a bigger truck.

1 hour ago, silverbullet3.6 said:

Interesting comment you made about people that have had problems with the 8 speed transmission...... Anything in particular?

Congrats on the 13K miles.

There's a thread over on Colorado forums with people talking about it. I guess some sort of "shudder" at highway speeds. I haven't experienced anything like they describe tho.

Thanks Dude!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, fondupot said:

I haven't ever thought I wish I had a bigger truck.

That part interest me as you had a Sierra two vehicle prior if I recall right?  I had 4 full size prior to my Colorado and I must say I agree to that.  I do miss that V8 roar however lol.   

17 hours ago, newdude said:

That part interest me as you had a Sierra two vehicle prior if I recall right?  I had 4 full size prior to my Colorado and I must say I agree to that.  I do miss that V8 roar however lol.   

You are correct, I had a Sierra before.

The Colorado just fulfills my needs as a truck better. The Sierra was nice, yes. But I never used it to it's full potential. While the Sierra was also a little more "luxury" on the inside and out, with all leather seats, nav, bose, heated steering wheel. The Colorado it just an all around more pleasant vehicle to drive. Easier to drive, easier to park, easier to wash, better on gas. The list goes on. 

I do miss the V8 rumble though. Especially my Sierra with the Corsa cat back exhaust. I loved that exhaust note.

Oh and heated steering wheel. But there is a thread on the Colorado forums with people figuring out how to swap a heated steering wheel in. So Maybe one day I will attempt that.

Archived