Google Pixel 2 and Android Auto

My Samsung s7 has always been been very glitchy when using some functions of Android Auto in my 2016. For example when I use voice to text function it asks me if I want to send the message, I say "yes", it replies "ok what is your text message?" Not sure if that is the phone or the gm interface.

Anyway I was thinking of upgrading to the Google Pixel 2, and was curious if anyone has been using it with Android Auto in our trucks yet? Perhaps it would run a bit smoother than my galaxy s7 does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For what it's worth my friend has a Google Pixel 1 with a 2016 elevation edition sierra.  Says he loves it and it works all the time.

Off topic: recently purchased the XL 2, great phone highly recommend. Unfortunately my 2010 doesn't have android auto :P

I use my Pixel XL (1st gen) and my wifes Pixel (1st gen) also.  No problems what so ever with Android Auto.  Of course i don't use all the bells and whistles, mainly for streaming Amazon/Pandora music and GPS which voice works great for Waze and Google Maps.  I've used voice-to-text, but it's too slow for me so I just don't use text when driving.  It can wait, if it's important, they can call me. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pixel 2.  My "new" truck is a 15, so no Android auto.  My 00 has an aftermarket touch screen radio with AA.  The pixel 2 does NOT seem to like Android Auto.  Google it, you will find thousands of people complaining about it.  I love the phone otherwise, but I've yet to get it to work with Android Auto.

There are some who have had better luck with special cables or using "developer mode" with USB debugging.  I haven't tried this yet.

Archived