after market exhaust on 2015 gmc sierra

I have an aftermarket exhaust and still have v4 mode active. V4 is a different sound, but it hasn’t bothered me enough to disable it. I actually find that most of the time v4 is actually a tad quieter than v8 and doesn’t seem to drone anymore than v8. Like I said, it is a different sound and I could see how many would not want to listen to it. If you are set on getting an aftermarket exhaust, go for it. Just be prepared you may have to disable v4 mode to get the desired sound you are looking for. 

if i put exhaust on my truck with it switching from 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder will it sound dumb? i want pipes on it but im scared it will sound like crap. please help
If you just swap out the muffler and leave the flapper valve and resonator you'll have a good chance of not having a drone. Heck I have less drone then stock after swapping the muffler to a Magnaflow. This is on a 6.2 with 3.5" factory pipe.

I'm getting ready to install a MBRP 3.5" cat back when I get the time and a hoist to do it on.
I'll report back with any drone issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 12/20/2017 at 1:45 AM, adamj2121 said:

I have an aftermarket exhaust and still have v4 mode active. V4 is a different sound, but it hasn’t bothered me enough to disable it. I actually find that most of the time v4 is actually a tad quieter than v8 and doesn’t seem to drone anymore than v8. Like I said, it is a different sound and I could see how many would not want to listen to it. If you are set on getting an aftermarket exhaust, go for it. Just be prepared you may have to disable v4 mode to get the desired sound you are looking for. 

What brand of exhaust system are you running?  Is it a full cat back?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, 14GMCZ71 said:

What brand of exhaust system are you running?  Is it a full cat back?  Thanks.

It's a custom made system that a local shop made, straight pipe from the cat back with 2 Gibson super flow mufflers located near the back of the cab after the exhaust splits then a rear side exit on both sides. It sounds good, it can drone a lot when pulling uphill on the interstate, but overall I love it.

I have a Corsa Catback and did find the V4 mode to be annoying with that setup.   Not overwhelmingly unbearable, but definitely not the sound I was after.   Couple that with the rumors of oil consumption, shorter engine life, and just the overall qwerkiness of the switch between V8 and V4 and vice versa, I picked up the Range AFM disabler.    I really like the change, both in sound and behavior, and have only appeared to lose a little in mpg, went from 17 to 16 in town...

I just threw a custom exhaust on mine, V4 gave me drone, V8 sounds amazing.  I have friends who say there truck doesn't make noise. My drone bugs me but my wife can't tell the difference when shes driving.  I guess it comes down to preference and personal opinion.

Archived