Remote start

When I use remote start is there a way to program the heater to come on? Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. I'm confused. And I think the seat warmer is supposed to come in too!

Scott

The heater should come on automatically.  It has to do with the last setting and what the outside temp is.

The seat warmers should come on too but the lights beside the button will not be lit up.  When you get in the truck and start it with the key the seat warmers turn off and you need to manually turn them on with the switch.

Like duquephart said it's all in the manual ...

And the indicator lights for the seat heaters don't come on when under remote start.

And there are items in the personalization/settings menu on radio that must be turned 'on' to enable some of these features.

3 hours ago, redwngr said:

And the indicator lights for the seat heaters don't come on when under remote start.

And there are items in the personalization/settings menu on radio that must be turned 'on' to enable some of these features.

And it's all in the manual.

Yes Purlwht, why would you come to a forum and ask for help thinking someone would be nice and answer your question?   

Why would someone take the time to help out someone?  Why would someone tell you that if you go into your settings while in park you can just rear defrost on/off, heated seats on/off,  etc... Also, some have window open options.   

Sorry nobody would help you like a forum is used for.   Please come back when you have no questions and need no help or advice.   

(joking of course)

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, Rukus said:

Yes Purlwht, why would you come to a forum and ask for help thinking someone would be nice and answer your question?   

Why would someone take the time to help out someone?  Why would someone tell you that if you go into your settings while in park you can just rear defrost on/off, heated seats on/off,  etc... Also, some have window open options.   

Sorry nobody would help you like a forum is used for.   Please come back when you have no questions and need no help or advice.   

(joking of course)

You make a good point, no questions asked, nothing for the A-Holes to respond too. Just a silent forum with no subject matter.

This depends on build too, was just reading a TSB on this. Some early models HVAC just defaulted to last settings. There was an update that changed that behavior to be more automatic. Mine just defaults to my last settings.

Archived