Any tips on what to look for?

Mike GMC

I'm going to look at a 15 GMC Sierra 1500 next week.  Any thing I should watch for or specifically check out?   It's a crew cab standard bed SLT, stone blue with Coco dune interior, Z71.

Thanks

Hi if you have a chance take it up to speed 70-80 mph and confirm it isn't a vibrator.  Look over body panels carefully for signs of body work.   Check weatherstripping/door seals for overspray to make sure it wasn't repainted.   Check all functions AC/Heat, heated/cooled seats, radio, cruise control, wipers, horn, seat controls, window switches at all 4 doors, power locks, etc... to ensure they operate correctly.  If the windshield is chipped/cracked will they pick up tab for new one or take +-$650 off price?  Ask for maintenance/service records.  A carfax would be helpful to determine if an accident was reported as well as to confirm odometer reading.  It isn't 100% failproof but won't hurt.  Like the color combo you are looking at.  Good luck and don't be afraid to walk away as there are plenty of trucks out on the market.

just traded a 2014 silverado crew cab for a 2017 dodge crew cab (had to jump ship) it had 5k worth of body damage and 2k on hail damage all fixed and a clean car fax ???

Lgetz, thanks.  That sounds a lot like what I'd look for as well.  What I was getting at is are there any specific issues with this model that need to be watched for?

This one is my second favorite color, my favorite is the emerald green metallic.  Coco dune is my favorite interior colors.

You are correct, there are lots of trucks, unfortunately for me, the combo I like is relatively rare.  I like the crew cab with the 6.5 ft bed.  Even so, I don't NEED a new truck so if there is anything wrong or they won't make a reasonable deal, I will walk away.

Potential Issues: transmission may clunk at times shifting from 1-2, 8 speed transmission may have a faulty torque converter, 70+ mph vibrator "shaking," roof may leak at XM antenna, ball joints may need replacing if truck was leveled,  paint chips may be forming minor rust.  

The standard cab crew cab is pretty hard find new or used.  Both Stone Blue and Emerald Green are good looking colors.

Again good luck and hope you find what you're looking for. ??

Merry Christmas ??

Archived