Heated mirror voltage

Ok I’m adding the 15 conversion tow mirrors on my 02 2500hd it didn’t come factory with heated mirrors my question is...  I have a empty toggle switch with power already ran could I just run power straight out to the mirrors Change relays to the one I need and be good to go? or does it need a voltage drop 

8 hours ago, Abbott’sDMax said:

Ok I’m adding the 15 conversion tow mirrors on my 02 2500hd it didn’t come factory with heated mirrors my question is...  I have a empty toggle switch with power already ran could I just run power straight out to the mirrors Change relays to the one I need and be good to go? or does it need a voltage drop 

i would think on a 12v system that they would need 12 volts.

Do you have a REAR sliding window on your truck? OR a Flat fixed mirror? Does it have a Rear defrost?  ( switch on right side lower of the controls below the heater..) ?? IF you have a rear window defroster, the heated mirror are activated from that circuit and timed with it. SO Tap in the fuse box to that fuse, and use that switch to operate them. If you dont agree, look in your owners manual and it will tell you how to defrost your mirrors with the rear defrost switch.

After I converted I leveled my new mirrors , ran the blinker to the parking wire and the side lights to reverse. GM now uses the outside LED's from the "CARGO" light switch. I prefer Reverse

Archived