2017 Chevy Tahoe squeaky/chirp sound

Purchased a 2017 Chevy Tahoe about 6 months ago and noticed a squeaky chirping sound coming from the left side when turning left and keeping the steering wheel at a certain angle or when driving over bumps at a slow speed. Have taken it in three times and they still can’t figure it out. It also shakes and not quiet and soft like a new car. Anyone experienced this ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm I was going to say that chirping usually comes from a misaligned pulley.  I had the same problem and it turned out to be worn alternator bearings which caused the pulley to droop and the belt to loosen enough so that it would start to slip off, then it would fall back in to place over and over.  The chirping sound happens every time the belt starts to slip off and between chirps is when the belt is back on the pulley.  If this is the issue, one side of the belt will be "glazed"  or shiny and maybe slightly frayed.  I also replaced my idler pulley so that could have been the issue also, but I can hear a faint grinding noise when I spin the old alternator which points to bad bearings.  Just though I'd put that out there in case your problem comes back or someone else is having this issue.

Also, some mechanics like to use dirty tricks like putting starch on the belt so that it masks the problem for a while so that they can say they fixed it and get paid.  When it starts to happen again, they get to make more money off their tricks.  Not all mechanics are like this but they definitely exist.

Archived