HI, new to the forum. Recently went through some extremely cold weather. Started my truck, 2014 Sierra 1500. It ran very rough and dash readout said low engine power. Actually pushed a little oil out around the oil filter. Got truck into heated shop and now it starts and runs fine but check engine light is on. Would resetting the engine light and continuing on be wise or should I have it checked out? Thanks 

If you have a code reader to reset the engine light see what code it throws that might give you an idea as to what the issue might be/have been and if it needs to go in for service. I had that code once when I first bought my 2014 Sierra, it was a very cold winter day and got that message, noticed my volt gauge was reading quite high while idling and figured the battery might have gone into a state of discharge from the cold. When I got home i hooked up the trickle charger overnight and the message never came back however I never had a check engine light so i'm not sure if it would be the exact same situation but I would say let us know what code it throws and charge that battery to full.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 12:45 PM, Bioslayer said:

HI, new to the forum. Recently went through some extremely cold weather. Started my truck, 2014 Sierra 1500. It ran very rough and dash readout said low engine power. Actually pushed a little oil out around the oil filter. Got truck into heated shop and now it starts and runs fine but check engine light is on. Would resetting the engine light and continuing on be wise or should I have it checked out? Thanks 

Original battery? If so, I would suggest having it replaced, when they go bad all kinds of electrical issues will show up.

Archived