2015 Sierra 1500 SLT Headlight housing/bulb replacement

I’m sure this is already here somewhere but I didn’t see anything recent on this specific question. Does anyone have any recommendations on swapping out the headlights on a 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT? I feel like a flashlight would give me better light down road than the junk stock lights. From what I’ve read the stock projectors suck. What did y’all end up doing to make your lights actually useful at night? Complete new housing, HID conversions, LED conversion? Thanks in advance!

-Zach

I’m sure this is already here somewhere but I didn’t see anything recent on this specific question. Does anyone have any recommendations on swapping out the headlights on a 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT? I feel like a flashlight would give me better light down road than the junk stock lights. From what I’ve read the stock projectors suck. What did y’all end up doing to make your lights actually useful at night? Complete new housing, HID conversions, LED conversion? Thanks in advance!

-Zach
Find a pair of 2016+ Sierra headlights and upgrade your old ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

Find a pair of 2016+ Sierra headlights and upgrade your old ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I read that the 2016 headlights would not work with the 2015 model trucks, is this wrong?

The dealer will perform a headlight upgrade at no charge if you’re still in warranty. There is a tsb about it. I printed the tsb and brought mine in. Some people complain about the bulbs not lasting long, I’ve had mine installed for 15 months with no issues.

The upgraded bulbs and increased voltage does actually work. Headlights are noticeably better. Probably not as good as a swap, but definitely much better than stock.

1 minute ago, truckguy82 said:

The dealer will perform a headlight upgrade at no charge if you’re still in warranty. There is a tsb about it. I printed the tsb and brought mine in. Some people complain about the bulbs not lasting long, I’ve had mine installed for 15 months with no issues.

The upgraded bulbs and increased voltage does actually work. Headlights are noticeably better. Probably not as good as a swap, but definitely much better than stock.

Awesome, I’ll give this a try first. Thanks for the info

• 10 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, truckguy82 said:

@truckguy82, @Ranger175, I have a 2015, 60k miles GM certified used. Bought it a couple months ago. Any idea if I am still within a realm of them swapping the headlights? and how did you guys go about getting them to do it?

45 minutes ago, Mlamp89 said:

@truckguy82, @Ranger175, I have a 2015, 60k miles GM certified used. Bought it a couple months ago. Any idea if I am still within a realm of them swapping the headlights? and how did you guys go about getting them to do it?

Find the tsb, there are details on it and you can present it to the service desk and ask. Btw they just upgrade your bulbs and increase the voltage.

If the TSB doesnt work for you then just get the Morimoto HID 50w kit and you will be all set.

Dont get any other cheaper ebay kits thinking it will do the same. Do it once.

My lows are amazing and highs will light up a mile down it seems like.

For more light, get the morimoto fog ligts as well and you will be 386% more satisfied than you are now lol

Buy from here:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html

Edited by Ozer

1 minute ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Skip the TSB. Go 2016 LEDs or Mori HIDs.

50 minutes ago, Ozer said:

If the TSB doesnt work for you then just get the Morimoto HID 50w kit and you will be all set.

Dont get any other cheaper ebay kits thinking it will do the same. Do it once.

My lows are amazing and highs will light up a mile down it seems like.

For more light, get the morimoto fog ligts as well and you will be 386% more satisfied than you are now lol

http://www.morimotohid.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?preselect=51866%2C54434%2C47338%2C48753%2C48136

Are those the same thing as the "Sierra Spec" kit?  TRS link is like $40 cheaper.

http://www.morimotohid.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?preselect=51812%2C54434%2C47338%2C48753%2C48136

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html