Steve76t's 2017 Denali Build

steve76t

I've had my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali now for over three months.  From day one I had a few mods and updates in mind that I wanted to do as soon as possible.  Nothing major, just some essential items that I felt my truck needed. 

First was to add a tonneau cover.  Went with a Bak Revolver 2X.  Great cover with super clean low profile look.  Since the bed of the truck will be the primary home for my golfing tools, I also added a bed rug at the same time.  Nice to have some padding in the bed. 

2nd item done was the to have the windows tinted.  Wanted to match the 20% stock rear tint so 35% tint was added to the 70%stock front tinted windows.  Match isn't perfect but it's close.  I also had the front window tinted slightly.  Not exactly legal but its pretty light and shouldn't be a problem. 

IMG_3345.JPG

Next on the list was to address the suspension and tires.  In stock form the front end is just too low.  So low that the first time I went out to dinner with the family the front valance scraped a parking block in the corner of the restaurant's parking lot.  I also scratched the front valance a little when off road for the first time while crossing a small washed out section of a trail.  So now a 2" level kit was added which moved the front valance from 8.75" off the ground to 11" off the ground.  Small change but it's amazing how much a small change can really work.  

The tires were also a change that'd need near immediate change.  The stock Goodyear Eagle LS-2's are very smooth rolling & quiet tires. HOWEVER, they don't work for someone who wants to use their truck like a truck.  I need tires that'll help me take my family skiing, or fishing, or hunting, etc.  So soon after the level kit was on a set of BFG A/T KO2's added. Not a major size change, but slightly larger 285/55R20's should do the trick for me.  Smooth rolling A/T tire, about an inch taller that the stock tires with a little extra width, and not too terribly heavy like some other makes. 

IMG_3374.JPG

That's where she's at for now.  The stock exhaust is a little too quiet for my taste.  Won't change the exhaust right away but will get changed out eventually.  If I were to change it out today I'd probably go with a Corsa system as I like the look of the tips that come with the kits. 

The stock side steps will probably get changed out eventually too.  They hang a little too low for my taste and I feel like I might scrape them on something sooner or later.  Retracting steps will go on when the time comes. 

I'll also want to add some paint protection too.  Not a full on wrap, but ceramic coatings do wonders to protect the paint and make cleaning a so much easier.  That'll probably be the next thing to do & it'll probably get added in the spring. 

Who know what else will get added to the list over time. But it's a truck & I typically find all kinds of things to add to my wish lists.

next up, some floor mats.  Still kind of amazed that the truck didn't come with better floor mats but I fixed that.  Husky Weatherbeaters were added and are a perfect fit. 

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

Archived