LED or HID 2014 Silverado LT crew cab

mike17em

I'm having trouble with my HIDs (Kensun HIDs slim blast from Amazon) they recently went out after flickering a lot for a month I ran a single relay harness from the battery but they still went out and now I'm not sure if i want to replace the HIDs with another brand or if i should try out some LED bulbs  also if you had the same problem and know the fix please let me know my trucks a 2014 Silverado LT crew cab (regular headlights) my budget is 50-60 bucks 

5 hours ago, slj2008 said:

I have  Led's  - low , high , fog - with NO problem from other driver's . Had them for the last 2.5 years .

Which LEDs do you have?  Having trouble finding ones that the dust covers fit over.  Thanks!

On 12/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, mike17em said:

I'm having trouble with my HIDs (Kensun HIDs slim blast from Amazon) they recently went out after flickering a lot for a month I ran a single relay harness from the battery but they still went out and now I'm not sure if i want to replace the HIDs with another brand or if i should try out some LED bulbs  also if you had the same problem and know the fix please let me know my trucks a 2014 Silverado LT crew cab (regular headlights) my budget is 50-60 bucks 

First, put them in the proper housing, reflectors are not it and you are just blinding on coming traffic if you currently on doing that. Second, it sure seems with headlights you don't skip and get good kits.

9 hours ago, slj2008 said:

I have  Led's  - low , high , fog - with NO problem from other driver's . Had them for the last 2.5 years .

This always cracks me up, you basically just but a bulb in that is way brighter than the high beam bulbs in there (stock 1500ish lumens to easily 3000+ LED) and don't think anything is wrong? Pretty easy to just say something on the internet and it be "true". It is very easy to tell who is running around blinding on coming traffic with ricer headlights in reflector housings. You probably aren't getting flashed ("supposedly') because they are blinded from finding the bright light switch to flash back in sheer shock. This isn't 2000, don't go johnny the ricer and put HID/LED bulbs in reflector housings, do it right and get a headlight with cutoffs at a minimum... The bulbs you most likely put in are DOT legal, but not in those housings.

Tyler

AMX guy is correct. I meet quite a bit of cars and trucks early morning and they blind me. I also noticed most of the older cars just leave high beams on all the time until they get flashed. My 2cents 

I like the stock leds on the silverado , they are super bright at 25' or so but after that they seem to diffuse fast, My wifes reflector with stock phillips bulb  lights up the front of the house at the end block like a prison search light 200' away , my leds seem brighter but does not light the road as good at 200' or more ! weird that they seem so much brighter , but not the case, with mine anyways 

I think the topic went left I’m trying to get advice on my options instead I’m getting criticism on blinding people. my truck has a leveling kit with stock lights and bulb and I already have people flashing me cause they think I have my high beams on until I flash them back with high beams then they stop flashing lol. I need better lights because of the area I live in doesn’t have many street lights and my light distance sucks and brightness sucks with the stock setup 

Archived