XM stations - missing high station numbers

So I'm new to the forum, with a 2017 Silverado 1500, Z71 all star that I bought last week. I have been searching but I have a question for yall. My XM does not get the high stations, above 200, such a red white and booze and the stations around 350. I tried pushing a new signal to the XM and still nothing. Do these brand new trucks really only get half the XM stations or am I missing something?

The receiver only goes up to the 230s.  If you want to listen to things playing on the higher channels, you have to use the internet.   Good news is I think the channels are available on the mobile app and you can pair your device to the vehicle, and listen that way.

• Like 1

One of the most disappointing things when I first got my Silverado!  Lucky for me XM realized they were losing subscriptions and moved one of my favorites, ("Turbo" channel ) to a lower number due to high demand. 

Newer receivers have no issues getting XM channels greater than 200, my Honda and Subaru both do.

Edited by aaronarf

My 2016 goes up to 785 but not all numbers have a station assigned (biggest skip is from 470-785). Have you tried directly inputting the station number you want?

Just noticed you mentioned your truck is new so Im guessing you are on the free trial and if so that's why you are only receiving limited stations.

I've posted about this before, short version is, it has nothing to do with the subscription, it's the gm programming for the radio it's self. Until gm programs the radios to receive the higher channels you won't get them. I have the top subscription on all my radio accounts for all of our vehicles. The truck is the only one that I can't get certain channels on. All three of my 2017s trucks were that way. I haven't checked my 2018 yet, but I would say it's the same way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crobinson16 said:

I've posted about this before, short version is, it has nothing to do with the subscription, it's the gm programming for the radio it's self. Until gm programs the radios to receive the higher channels you won't get them. I have the top subscription on all my radio accounts for all of our vehicles. The truck is the only one that I can't get certain channels on. All three of my 2017s trucks were that way. I haven't checked my 2018 yet, but I would say it's the same way. 

Interesting. I found all kinds of new stations after my trial ended and I started paying  but I don't recall ever having a radio update (maybe the dealer did it while in for service or for one of the several recalls and I wasn't aware  ?)

On 1/3/2018 at 10:36 AM, parthery said:

Marv - is that a factory radio?  Doesn't look like it to me....

Yes it is but I I'll be replacing it soon with the Alpine Restyle system...

IMG_1182.JPG.9bf5899f546942fa8e198cce313587cf.JPG

On 1/3/2018 at 1:07 PM, Marv88 said:

Mine goes up to 785 and has about 40 stations between 200 and  785...

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG

Yes some of the higher number stations are available, I believe it's the channels in the 300 range that don't show up, I haven't been home to check my 2018. Once I do I will report back.

25 minutes ago, Crobinson16 said:

Yes some of the higher number stations are available, I believe it's the channels in the 300 range that don't show up, I haven't been home to check my 2018. Once I do I will report back.

Man GM does some weird stuff with these trucks. I just checked and in the 300's I get...

300,301,302,303,304,310,311,313,314,316,330,341,350,370 and then it skips to 415