15 Sierra.... no start ???

Turned the key on the truck today and nothing. Lights came on but no crank nothing.  Third try it started but seemed to turn over a bit longer than usual. Truck is garage kept and is a 2015 with 28000 miles. 

Any experience this??

40ish.  It’s attached 2 car and its insulated. 

Only thing i did did that might have something to do is washed it two days ago. It  has sat in the garage since. 

I will check battery tomorrow with a multimeter.

Its Just so odd. 

Probably a bad ground. That's usually what it is from the way you explained it. Actually just got done fixing a bad ground on my sister in laws Grand Cherokee.

Same exact symptoms as yours. Starter wouldn't crank but cabin lights and head lights or on. Out of the blue, it would sometimes start but there was no rhyme or reason as to when the car was starting.

It is very easy to diagnose a bad ground as long as its occurring at the terminal (where hers was) and its also very easy to fix as long as its at the terminal.

Good luck.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

It has been unusually frigid here in the NE however my 15' AT is doing this also, and I have Dual batteries. Both batteries measure 12.96-13 volts not running.  Truck takes 6-7 turns of the key to finally start. I let it run 10 minutes, shut it off, then try to restart it and I get the same result. Main battery came with the truck and the aux battery is new in July.

Thanks for the replies. Did it again tonight. This time gave me a quick message and only saw trailer or tow. Check engine light on as well. 

Went to take off and it was like the ebrake was on.  No power and was taching at like 3k and didn’t want to downshift. Like I was in tow haul.  All of a sudden it comes out of it and drives normal. 

What the heck???

So dealer captured “low voltage” codes from the times it wouldn’t start. They checked the battery and it’s fine. 

They said nothing can be done unless they can replicate it. 

Any ideas ???

Archived