New here, help with changing my 2017 chrome lt grill to z71 color matched

As the title says I’m new here, I got a great deal on a 2017 double cab lt back in October. I’ve been reading the forums via Tapatalk and I’m still learning how to navigate the app. I have yet to come across the topic of changing my chrome lt front end to the color matched z71 front end. Is the cost outrageous, requiring new bumper, grill, and headlights. Or has anyone maybe wrapped there’s to color match? Please upload pictures if you have them. Thank you, happy new year!

83506bde2c506cb789ed2b27461a0cfa.jpgd580fc783b158013977dc229b579a632.jpg47b78791338aef83eaab674d3bca8577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one will answer because this topic has been beat to death. Poor guys like us new to the site want info so we make a thread and people ignore it or don’t help at all and the ones that do will tell you to use the search bar. 

Use the search bar. 

Find good shop and have it wrapped 

I tried the search bar and looked through a mile of threads trying to find anyone who is wrapped theirs. Maybe someone will come forward with pictures eventually. Lol. I was just wondering what to look for and steer away from.
Otherwise I’ll be the first and I’ll post it when I find a reputable place to do it for a fair $$.

19 hours ago, Louisk1220 said:

As the title says I’m new here, I got a great deal on a 2017 double cab lt back in October. I’ve been reading the forums via Tapatalk and I’m still learning how to navigate the app. I have yet to come across the topic of changing my chrome lt front end to the color matched z71 front end. Is the cost outrageous, requiring new bumper, grill, and headlights. Or has anyone maybe wrapped there’s to color match? Please upload pictures if you have them. Thank you, happy new year!

83506bde2c506cb789ed2b27461a0cfa.jpgd580fc783b158013977dc229b579a632.jpg47b78791338aef83eaab674d3bca8577.jpg

I have done some photoshop of both trucks so you have a choice to look at just having the bumper, or both the bumper and grill color matched. Many places will sell you 3m wrap if you want to do it yourself, but think about how much you want to do. Colorxlabs.com sells wrap matched to your paint code for an exact match, otherwise I would order samples to make sure.

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

gray1.jpg

gray2.jpg

I tried the search bar and looked through a mile of threads trying to find anyone who is wrapped theirs. Maybe someone will come forward with pictures eventually. Lol. I was just wondering what to look for and steer away from.
Otherwise I’ll be the first and I’ll post it when I find a reputable place to do it for a fair $$.

First you should look for a reputable shop to do the work unless your planning on doing the job yourself. If you want to see how it would look Google a truck same color as yours but search for a z71 and it'll be color matched. That should give you an idea how it would look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have done some photoshop of both trucks so you have a choice to look at just having the bumper, or both the bumper and grill color matched. Many places will sell you 3m wrap if you want to do it yourself, but think about how much you want to do. Colorxlabs.com sells wrap matched to your paint code for an exact match, otherwise I would order samples to make sure.

black1.thumb.jpg.97027080e9d810236caf901b63012323.jpg
black2.thumb.jpg.d3e97e59f74fb974a4a8531ae1d16473.jpg
gray1.thumb.jpg.baf5a7b9af7a1bc749b5607d2a8bfa0f.jpg
gray2.thumb.jpg.a9978fdefe689861ccd2b82a0a4d5db1.jpg

VTbulldog, thank you very much. This is exactly the website I wanted to see. Thank you as well for doing the photoshop. I think the all color matched will look good with the lift and tires coming soon.

The color-matched front ends look nice when new, but bugs, road rash, etc. will soon take it's toll and it will look like hammered doo.

My last two trucks had color-matched front ends and both looked like they had been sand-blasted on the front.  My new truck has chrome and it's still niiiiiice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

The color-matched front ends look nice when new, but bugs, road rash, etc. will soon take it's toll and it will look like hammered doo.

My last two trucks had color-matched front ends and both looked like they had been sand-blasted on the front.  My new truck has chrome and it's still niiiiiice.

I'd have to agree with this

8 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

I am also interested in color matching my LT, but this is definitely a concern. Is vinyl wrap tougher against this type of damage than paint? Does anyone know what the life span of vinyl is? I worry that it might peel and tear after a few years? Does it fade or turn colors? I have zero experience with vinyl wrap. I've been considering buying my own paint gun and spraying everything myself. Thanks for the input. Wish you luck OP.

I would suggest a clear bra / paint protection film for any painted front end. It's an added cost but protects from any rock chips. Several threads on the forum discussing if you want to learn more.

7 hours ago, rudyb said:

I am also interested in color matching my LT, but this is definitely a concern. Is vinyl wrap tougher against this type of damage than paint? Does anyone know what the life span of vinyl is? I worry that it might peel and tear after a few years? Does it fade or turn colors? I have zero experience with vinyl wrap. I've been considering buying my own paint gun and spraying everything myself. Thanks for the input. Wish you luck OP.

colorxlabs.com has a few different thickness vinyl wraps available depending on where you want to add it. Their rugged wrap can also be color matched to your paint code, just like their regular wrap.

• Like 1

I had most of the chrome on my Summit White LTZ wrapped a couple years ago. Here are some photos: 

20160817_163610.thumb.jpg.87f6d076131390ef16d2473b92e585b6.jpg

Front bumper, headlight covers, and grill

20160817_164441_New.thumb.jpg.1f75917ee921f7094e26791a3ab13a82.jpg

Rear bumper

20160817_165145.thumb.jpg.e63d8a0f4cf9a2e296aa1dd4f64e70c5.jpg

Front bowtie

20160817_165721_New.thumb.jpg.e48205735d6a15b40afe462f86060798.jpg

Rear bowtie

20160817_172325.thumb.jpg.64fdc71fe55f2935aa26db34751a0ab2.jpg

Mirrors

I ordered a bunch of gloss white vinyl samples from MetroRestyling website. None of them were an exact color match but the Avery SW900 Supreme Wrapping Vinyl Film Gloss White was the closest. I ordered a 5ft x 12ft roll of it and ended up with a little left over. I also ordered a 1ft x 1ft piece of the white carbon fiber to wrap the chevy bowties.

Edited by AlexMX88
  • Like 4