New....What to do?

Hello everyone:

This will be my first GM truck, I previously owned an Acura TL, but now with land and 3 kids, I needed a crew cab truck.  My question is, what are the best performance upgrades for the 5.3 V8?  I've purchase new tires and wheels, but I would like input on what you all would recommend in terms of tune, exhaust, intake, etc.  THANKS! 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Op0oh9UjTJiG2y05Is09ZA.jpg

Can you provide the specs on your wheels (offset and size), level and tires?

Great set up.

PS: coming from the Acura world, you must know that a spoiler and ‘Type R’ badges will gain you powaaaaa ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll hear mixed reviews about intake and exhaust but everyone can agree (I think) that you do those mods mostly for sound, with some increase in HP/Torque.

I got mine tuned by Blackbear after getting my lift and tires. Highly recommend. Definitely feels like a more awake truck, and they can disable the V4 mode if you want it to be a real truck. ;)

replace the air filter with a K&N filter.  (~$50)

i did the delete flapper, delete resonator, and added a magnaflow muffler (would strongly encourage the 14, single center in/out)

neither mod is crazy power gains...but both are about the first thing I do to all of my trucks...

I would consider beefing up external truck feature like lights, mirrors etc.  Your stock 5.3 V8 is a strong engine and the V4 mode is a fuel saving feature that will not interfere when you need the power.   Your Sierra will never have the agility of your Acura but it will be much more functional and considerably stronger. 

Archived