New member from Ohio

L67

New to the forum, but not new to GM trucks! I currently own an '89 K1500 Cheyenne (it's my daily driver). 350 TBI with the SM465 (4-spd manual). Only has 80k miles on it. Great truck, but has it's fair share of rust.

16ZOaUel.jpg

5MuxWp1l.jpg

1p1pcZKl.jpg

A few years back, I was seriously looking at buying a 2010+ ext. cab Silverado/Sierra 1500 4x4. I searched for a while and ultimately decided I didn't want to spend $20k on a truck with nearly 100k miles. Well recently I've been tossing around the idea once again, but specifically for a 6.2 Sierra. So I figured I would look into it some more, but didn't see any forums dedicated to the GMT900. I did, however, find this place, and it seems like a pretty active forum. :cool:

Welcome and I hope you find that 6.2 Sierra!  But please hold onto that 89 K1500, you never know when you're going to need a granny gear (compound low) and besides that manual transfer case is a lot more reliable than the newer auto ones with all of the electronic actuation!

On 1/2/2018 at 10:07 AM, garagerog said:

Welcome and I hope you find that 6.2 Sierra!  But please hold onto that 89 K1500, you never know when you're going to need a granny gear (compound low) and besides that manual transfer case is a lot more reliable than the newer auto ones with all of the electronic actuation!

I would love to hold on to it. If I end up getting a new house before a new truck, I'll definitely keep it. Right now, space is limited. It really sucks living in a neighborhood and only having a single car garage and a tiny driveway.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from Dayton, OH.  I would definitely hold onto that '89 K1500, pretty surprised at how low the mileage is.  Despite the rust, mechanically it should last a long while just keeping up on regular maintenance and fluid changes.

Archived