2017 GMC running hotter than 2014

Anyone have a 2017 gmc that runs hotter than normal at times? My 2014 ran at 100 C at all times no matter what.

This new truck will run upwards of 112 c and then cool back off when you let off or resume normal cruising after passing. Dealer was no help, said it wasn't really overheating yet so don't worry.

I have had many, many gm trucks and this is the only one that does this.

My general rule of thumb is I don’t want to see anything above 210F on a 5.3. But in the direct injected times we’re in now, they can and will run hotter at times based on calculations made by the ECM. Mainly to burn fuel more efficiently and reduce emissions. Now, if the cooling fan isn’t coming on Your have a thermostat that doesn’t fully open, those could be issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've posted about this earlier, though mine is a 6.2, not sure if it's the active grill shutters or not, but I've driven several 6.2 trucks now and they all do it. I've been looking at possibly removing the top two shutters and let the other ones in. Hopefully when I get time ill look in to it. Also the thermostat in our trucks is 207 degree opening temp, while the Camaro and Corvette 6.2 use a 194, you can buy the housing with thermostat from gm for the Camaro and Corvette and it will bolt on. I may try this as well

My 17 Camaro SS runs around the 190° mark, truck is always sitting at the 210° mark. I am tempted to order the OEM 194° from the LT1 and put it into the truck.

Archived