Howdy!

efcjrtx

Howdy from Spring, Texas (north of Houston).  Owner of a 2013 Silverado 5.3L, 75k miles.  I bought the Motofab 3" Front, 2" rear leveling kit and Bilstein 5100's all around.  The Houston streets are brutal.  I cannot get the front leveling spacers installed for the life of me.  It is the spacer that bolts to the top of the strut.  I cannot get the lower control arm down enough to get the lower part of the strut onto the control arm.  Am I missing something?  Wanted to add a little lift and level to the truck.  the plan is to keep her forever as she'll let me have her.  She is a great truck and now that she is paid off, I want to start adding on to her, starting with the leveling kit, shocks, and brakes. 2 out of 3 so far.  Next a head unit/speakers/amp.

Welcome.  See the GMT900 section for the mod.  I think you need to disconnect the lower A-arm, either at the balljoint or the bushing end.  Ball joint end is where I disconnected it.   3" spacer on top of the Bilstein shocks with a stock upper A-arm is asking for trouble, IMO.  You'll be either banging the extension stops all the time or over extending the upper ball joint freedom of angular motion.  That's why there are so many aftermarket upper A-arms for the GMT-900/K2 that have increased/changed angular freedom on the ball joint. 

Archived