TPMS

I use a Jaco "SmartPro" tire inflator to air up my tires. You attach it, dial in the pressure you want, and push the button. It inflates to the setting and shuts off. Pretty snazzy. On my wife's car (Acura RDX), when I'm done, all four tires read dead on in the TPMS display. My Silverado, on the other hand, varies as much as 3 pounds from one tire to the next with no two alike. Cheapo TPMS monitors?

Yes, mine vary a couple pounds also. I have a better than average gauge than most people have. Not sure if it is the sensors because I have 2 sets of tires, one for summer and one for winter. The winter set which are newer and are closer in number that my summer set. Both sets are the same size just run Blizzaks in winter with the plastic style wheel covering.

I don't even pay attention to the TPMS and to me it is only useful to check if you have an air leak or sense one tire is really low (truck pulling, etc.) while driving.  I do like I have always done, check tire pressure once a month and fill or let out as necessary.  

Mine seem to be pretty accurate, I also have very good tire Gage. I noticed back towards the end of summer that if one side of the truck is parked facing the sun for any amount of time that side will grow 1 psi over the other. They do equalize out after its driven a few miles.

Archived