Passenger headlight assembly dead?

Hey guys, 

I'm having some trouble with my passenger side headlight assemblyon my 2017 sle.  I wanted to check if you guys had any ideas before I goto the dealership. Over the last couple weeks I noticed that the headlight was starting to cut out quickly on some bumps. Then yesterday it cut out completely and the turn signal and led signature light did too ( but not the amber corner) I also got a check engine light for the active grille shutters (it's been -20c or colder the last bit) anyways, I figured his wasn't a coincidence and checked he grounds, I found the one on the frame behind the passenger tire loose, I jiggled it, and the light came on, Soni blasted it with some wd40, and tightened er up and all was well, cel went out after a few starts, lights all started working proper, perfect. So this morning I start up the truck and entire headlight assembly is out again, nothing has loosened off etc. Any ideas?

Thanke,

Ian

well, i think/hope i found it.  I checked out the electrical diagram from gmupfitter.com https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/761/Sierra_Silverado_Electrical_Body_Builders_Manual_Service_Manual_2017_en_US.pdf and found all the affected things do share a ground, just not the one i thought, it's G102 which is on the passenger frame rail in front of the lower rad support. at least it's only -10C today, good day to crawl in the salt and tighten that up, hope it fixes it.

Hey, glad that worked. Probably something I would do in the summer, but I think I’d probably drop it off for the dealer to fix with the weather being this cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived