Leevon's 2017 Sierra Regular Cab

Leevon

This truck was kind of an impulse buy.  My Father-in-law was looking for a regular cab daily driver and found some closeout 2017's at Laura GMC in Collinsville, IL over Christmas break.  He reserved a black 4wd and had them install a level kit, wheels and tires.  I was looking through the inventory and started getting the bug.  I had my eye on a red 2017 regular cab 4wd but by the time I got in touch with anybody there (they're busy!) the 4wd's were all gone.  This 2wd with 5.3, convenience group, and towing package was marked down to $19,995 with rebates, hail sale, etc. and was too hard to pass up plus I had some GM Buypower card points burning a hole in my pocket.  I reserved it and we rode up then drove home in our twin black trucks (kind of weird, I admit).  I am planning to use it as a daily driver, because I have a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack that likes to stay inside during winter, and several hot rods that aren't daily drivers.    

Not doing anything crazy or too exciting but I can't leave it stock so I am planning to do the following:  

• OEM Remote Start 
  • OEM 20's
  • Tint 20%
  • Level kit
  • Bilstein 5100's? 
  • Upper control arms? 
  • 275/65r20 Nitto G2's 
  • CQuartz UK after light polish 
  • Driver's assist handle
  • Bedrug or Bedtred 
  • Tonneau cover
  • Swap rubber floor mats for factory carpet
  • GMC floor mats
  • Leather steering wheel
  • Audio upgrade
  • DIC/Instrument panel upgrade
  • Catch can 

IMG_5402.JPG

Edited by leevon
added
  • Like 3

Here is my Father-in-law's 4wd next to my truck.  His looks great, crappy gas station pics don't do it justice but it's been too ugly outside since we picked them up to take any more pics.   

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

Edited by leevon
  • Like 1

Added factory remote start today, using GM software (I have a repair shop).  FYI, on the 2017/18's there is no wiring harness required although it comes with the kit and is required for installation in 2014-2016.  It's just two key fobs and a code for AC Delco to update the BCM calibration.   Then you just have to program the fobs.   

IMG_5420.JPG

Love the red trucks!  We're a red GM family, just landed on black this time.  Here is my FIL's '03 regular cab, bought new and is now a garage queen.  And an '08 I bought new and '02 I bought almost new.    

IMG_2038.JPG

217163_1026815679460_4529_n.jpg

215783_1026815239449_2358_n.jpg

Came across a deal on 2018 dealer take-off 20's with tires, lug nuts, TPMS and less than 1,000 miles for a total of $800 including credit for my set.  I will upgrade tires later but this was absolutely perfect for right now.  :D

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5446.JPG

Edited by leevon
  • Like 3

Measured the wheel wells and it's only 9/16th difference front to back.  Not even going to mess with a leveling kit.  I was quite surprised it came from factory that close.  I'll have the exhaust system on in about two weeks, will let you know.
It looks like it came leveled already. Care to post a better picture?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk