Truck pulls to left when braking

OK so I've searched like crazy and find similar issues but never the exact same or a fix so here we go I have a 2006 chevy Silverado with rear drum brakes I have baer eradi speed front brakes basically it's just a larger bracket and rotor with stock caliper and also the truck is lowered with Springs and spindle in the front .I noticed my brakes squeaking the other day so I checked the brakes and noticed the drivers pads were almost completely gone where the passengers look new and now that I'm really paying attention I notice that the truck pulls to the left when hard braking ..the temperatures are much hotter on the driver side and more brakedust  I thought for sure it would be the after market calipers or lines so I went out and got brand new OEM calipers and lines and bled.. it the 1st couple stops it seemed OK and then I gave it a hard stop and the AbS did its thing and now it's back to the way it was I'm not sure if it was the ABS that did it or just the fact that it was a hard stop and I warmed up the brakes..but  back to square one wondering if its the brake pressure modulator valve idk need help

OK so I've searched like crazy and find similar issues but never the exact same or a fix so here we go I have a 2006 chevy Silverado with rear drum brakes I have baer eradi speed front brakes basically it's just a larger bracket and rotor with stock caliper and also the truck is lowered with Springs and spindle in the front .I noticed my brakes squeaking the other day so I checked the brakes and noticed the drivers pads were almost completely gone where the passengers look new and now that I'm really paying attention I notice that the truck pulls to the left when hard braking ..the temperatures are much hotter on the driver side and more brakedust  I thought for sure it would be the after market calipers or lines so I went out and got brand new OEM calipers and lines and bled.. it the 1st couple stops it seemed OK and then I gave it a hard stop and the AbS did its thing and now it's back to the way it was I'm not sure if it was the ABS that did it or just the fact that it was a hard stop and I warmed up the brakes..but  back to square one wondering if its the brake pressure modulator valve idk need help
This would indicate that the right side isn't getting fluid...I would replace the rubber hose to the caliper next. They swell shut sometimes...look fine outise, completely pinched shut inside.

I don't know if the ABS or master cylinder might cause this?

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

11 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

This would indicate that the right side isn't getting fluid...I would replace the rubber hose to the caliper next. They swell shut sometimes...look fine outise, completely pinched shut inside.

I don't know if the ABS or master cylinder might cause this?

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

Yes thankyou like i said in post caliper and hose have just been replaced still same

So today I checked caliper pressure and they both are about 1500 so it seems like it's not having to do with fluid or ABS or anything like that but I still bled the brakes multiple times and even did a automatic bleed of the AVS with scan tool and it made no difference now I'm sorry I think rotors warped on left side I'm going to have them turned tomorrow I'm really hoping this does it I'm running out of things to do

. Calipers both replaced

.brakes and abs bled multiple times

.new lines to calipers.

New pads 

If the rotors are warped, you would feel pulsing in the brake pedal and/or steering wheel.  Just straight pulling means one side is braking more than the other.

Did you replace the brake pads on both sides?  Maybe clean the rotors (maybe oil or brake fluid got on one of them)?

Yes so far I have replaced both the front calipers and soft lines with brand new OEM I've cleaned everything brand new pads resurface the rotors we did the alignment bled the brakes and then even did ABS bleed and still exact same issue left side gets brake dust like crazy and it pulls to the left The only thing I can think of now is if the abs valve modulator is bad or Claude but from what I read it really only does anything when the ABS kicks on or I got a bad spindle or something causing misalignment of the front left caliber at this point I am lost

• 2 weeks later...

Could the caliper be stuck in the braking position all the time which would cause the heat and then also cause the truck to pull when braking because it is making contact faster than the other side? I have seen the rubber line collapse and not allow fluid to leave the caliper but you've said you already changed those correct?

Have you checked the rear drum...  Your so focused on the front.  If the adjuster or brake cyclinder are going it may be out of adjustment or sticking.

That would feel like the front is pulling over as well.

When I had my 1991 Silverado it had an issue and a retaining clip had actually slipped off.

• 1 month later...

Yes, make sure your rear drums are adjusted correctly.  Then clean and file to wear surfaces on the caliper mounts and calipers where they slide.  Do not lube them.  Clean and lube the pins with brake grease.  Make sure the calipers slide and there no resistance.  Chased this issue on my diesel Suburban and finally went away after I took the time to polish the sliding surfaces.  Real important if you install reman calipers that were bead blasted.  They can be very rough and prone to hanging.

Also readjust your rear drums at every oil change by adding a click or two.  Most people ignore this and wonder why you chew up front pads.  The rear drums should have 60% of your stopping power.

Archived