io5 vs io6 differences? Trying to figure out upgrade

So after going through almost literally every thread about the io4 upgrade to io5/6, I haven't been able to find out what the difference is between the io5 and the io6.

I'm assuming that the io5 does not have navigation and the io6 does?

I've found a steal of a deal on a used io5 HMI, but if it doesn't have navigation I'd rather spend a few more bucks to get the io6.

So after going through almost literally every thread about the io4 upgrade to io5/6, I haven't been able to find out what the difference is between the io5 and the io6.

I'm assuming that the io5 does not have navigation and the io6 does?

I've found a steal of a deal on a used io5 HMI, but if it doesn't have navigation I'd rather spend a few more bucks to get the io6.

You’re correct. I05 does not have navigation. i06 does. You may also want to pay attention to the age. The 16 model added some speed, and the ability to use CarPlay. I don’t know the specifics, but you may have more research to do.

Maybe make sure you can drop it in your truck too. I thought these were tied to your vin somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, x219c said:

You’re correct. I05 does not have navigation. i06 does. You may also want to pay attention to the age. The 16 model added some speed, and the ability to use CarPlay. I don’t know the specifics, but you may have more research to do.

Maybe make sure you can drop it in your truck too. I thought these were tied to your vin somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'll be sure too look for one from a '16 then. After reading the threads MVI has done a bunch of upgrades for folks on here and I talked to them yesterday. They can reprogram an IO5 or IO6 HMI to match your vin so it'll work, only $200.

• 10 months later...

I have a factory nav module and I06 2.0 HMI module for sale for $300 plus shipping. 

IO6 Radio and HMI 2.0 Modules were removed from my 2015 Sierra SLT - Factory Navigation, XM Satellite Radio, Weather & Traffic subscriptions available through SiriusXM.  Includes USB Module/SD Card Reader that resides in the center console.
May be a plug-n-play upgrade from IO5 trucks.  Harnesses not included.  

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2018 at 8:19 PM, dcarl said:

I have a factory nav module and I06 2.0 HMI module for sale for $300 plus shipping. 

IO6 Radio and HMI 2.0 Modules were removed from my 2015 Sierra SLT - Factory Navigation, XM Satellite Radio, Weather & Traffic subscriptions available through SiriusXM.  Includes USB Module/SD Card Reader that resides in the center console.
May be a plug-n-play upgrade from IO5 trucks.  Harnesses not included.  

How much for module only