R.I.P. Stonecreek Midnight Sky

Spurshot

My female pointer was diagnosed with very advanced lung cancer 2 days before we were to leave for northern Idaho to get a new pointer.  The prognosis was bad and time was short, although outward signs were few.  I noticed she was not running as hard and she had a night cough.  But her running was still bigger and faster than most hunting dogs and far and away more than a house pet.  So, it was not obvious...right up til her last day.   We lost her a few days before Christmas.  In 2017, we lost two of our dogs.

R.I.P. My  Emma's Jasmine (May) and Stonecreek Midnight Sky (December).

DSC_5018.JPG

DSC_5101.JPG

cropped DSC_0167mods.jpg

Jas n Sky.jpg

Sky's point.jpg

Kansas.jpg

will Rogers.JPG

Beautiful dogs - truly sorry about your loss.  Dogs are  loyal and supportive friends.  They are always there for you, even when you've done wrong.  Be sad, but also be thankful for all the joy and love they gave you.  In time, memories of the good times together will overshadow these unhappy recent memories.

sorry for your loss man~.... beautiful pup~... .. hard to loose them dogs man~... had one for 13 yrs... took me 7 to even think about getting another~..

5 hours ago, Donstar said:

Beautiful dogs - truly sorry about your loss.  Dogs are  loyal and supportive friends.  They are always there for you, even when you've done wrong.  Be sad, but also be thankful for all the joy and love they gave you.  In time, memories of the good times together will overshadow these unhappy recent memories.

Thanks Donstar.  Loosing 2 in one year was tough on my wife and I.  I was closest to the lab that passed in May and my wife was closer to the pointer.  She cried even last night thinking about it. 

We now have a new dog, another pointer.  This one is an older (almost 6) fully hunting trained male. Friends in Idaho needed to reduce their kennel and we chose this guy.  He's BIG, but gentle and a bit timid with all the new things.  He's really a likeable guy.  I took him quail hunting last week to AZ and he did very very well. 

20171227_130112.jpg

20171227_111927.jpg

20171230_181412.jpg

I’m really sorry for your loss. 

Today was was one of the most difficult days of my life too. We had to put down our 11yr old golden retriever this afternoon. You never really imagine your life without your pets, until it’s too late. She was 100% normal and we found her collapsed in the basement in her own vomit. My wife rushed her to the pet er while I was at work. Hemangiosarcoma was the diagnosis. She had a 7cm wide tumor in her stomach that had ruptured. We are all devastated. As hard as it is to say, this was harder than losing my mom. At least we knew it was coming at hospice for her. You are with your pets every single day, so that makes it very hard....

11 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

I’m really sorry for your loss. 

Today was was one of the most difficult days of my life too. We had to put down our 11yr old golden retriever this afternoon. You never really imagine your life without your pets, until it’s too late. She was 100% normal and we found her collapsed in the basement in her own vomit. My wife rushed her to the pet er while I was at work. Hemangiosarcoma was the diagnosis. She had a 7cm wide tumor in her stomach that had ruptured. We are all devastated. As hard as it is to say, this was harder than losing my mom. At least we knew it was coming at hospice for her. You are with your pets every single day, so that makes it very hard....

Thanks Matt.  I wish your family well.  I really understand what you mean about the dog being harder.  I lost my mother about 16 months ago.   She was 93.  While loosing my mother was difficult, I think I dealt with it over years as her health deteriorated.  Both our dogs were lost quickly.

Sorry to hear this Spurshot and Matt. It's so heartbreaking. It really sucks. 

Almost 2 years ago I lost my 13 year old, 21lb. Maine coon cat Buddy. I swear he was part dog - he used to growl loudly at strangers that came to the door! Funniest thing I'd ever seen. He'd sleep on my chest at night and just about suffocate me, then he'd rest his face on mine, and drool all over me. :lol:

Took me weeks to recover from the loss. He had heart failure, and his lungs filled with fluid. One week from the moment I realized something was wrong, I was burying him out back.  Happened so fast. I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy. It was just plain awful, and heart-wrenching to watch helplessly. For months I was blaming myself for the whole thing - felt like I let him down. I'm still haunted by him looking at me as I drove as fast as I could to the vet - the look on his face seemed to me to be saying, "Why aren't you helping me?" Sucked ... BAD.

As I'm typing this, my mom is getting rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Stage 4 cancer that spread all through her body, and now one side of her body is completely numb, after having an MRI done this afternoon. 

Life can be a real bitch sometimes. :sick:

0817151439a.thumb.jpg.7a7fe54edbaa203b0479b51b7f51c6b5.jpg

IMG_4897.thumb.JPG.b93db618caac09da3939028aafac0ed1.JPG

5a5117d7064c4_Buddyandmeeatingsupper.thumb.JPG.94d3976d1e15318623d9b69aa6498ccb.JPG

1 hour ago, Jsdirt said:

Sorry to hear this Spurshot and Matt. It's so heartbreaking. It really sucks. 

Almost 2 years ago I lost my 13 year old, 21lb. Maine coon cat Buddy. I swear he was part dog - he used to growl loudly at strangers that came to the door! Funniest thing I'd ever seen. He'd sleep on my chest at night and just about suffocate me, then he'd rest his face on mine, and drool all over me. :lol:

Took me weeks to recover from the loss. He had heart failure, and his lungs filled with fluid. One week from the moment I realized something was wrong, I was burying him out back.  Happened so fast. I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy. It was just plain awful, and heart-wrenching to watch helplessly. For months I was blaming myself for the whole thing - felt like I let him down. I'm still haunted by him looking at me as I drove as fast as I could to the vet - the look on his face seemed to me to be saying, "Why aren't you helping me?" Sucked ... BAD.

As I'm typing this, my mom is getting rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Stage 4 cancer that spread all through her body, and now one side of her body is completely numb, after having an MRI done this afternoon. 

Life can be a real bitch sometimes. :sick:

0817151439a.thumb.jpg.7a7fe54edbaa203b0479b51b7f51c6b5.jpg

IMG_4897.thumb.JPG.b93db618caac09da3939028aafac0ed1.JPG

5a5117d7064c4_Buddyandmeeatingsupper.thumb.JPG.94d3976d1e15318623d9b69aa6498ccb.JPG

Hoping everything is well with your mom.

It really sucks, but it's inevitable.  I still have two small kids running around, but the house just seems empty. We'll eventually get another dog just becasue we were blessed to have her in our life and we could provide everything we could.  Golden Retrievers only live 10-12yrs.  She would be 11 in April.

Archived