08 vortec max oil pressure

I have an 08 sierra vortec max. Every day on my way to work my oil pressure guage instantly drops to zero and sets the warning off and then jumps right back up to normal. It only does this when I drive by a radio station. Could the radio station cause electrical interference with the sending unit?

I wouldn't think so.  Does this occur at the same time each day, meaning 5 minutes, ten seconds after you started the engine?  Could be the 0-ring at the pump or the filter under the sensor.  

You need an oil pressure sensor and the VLOM filter.

Also change your oil after you replace these parts before you crank it after replacement.

Very common problem for this vehicle.

http://amzn.to/2CPzLaZ - Oil pressure sensor.

http://amzn.to/2m65Sce - Oil pressure sensor filter.

Here is the video on replacement.

52 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

While I would still test my truck if I were you, it sounds like electromagnetic interference.  

I wonder if you drove another truck like yours by that place and if the same thing would happen?

EMI only in the oil pressure sensor?

If your truck was doing all kinds of funky stuff... maybe.
Could be the same amount of time in a drive cycle causing your your sensor to finally get clogged up enough to make the light come on or the oil pressure sensor to get hot enough to crap out. 

Either way I would be putting an oil pressure sensor on it as easy as it is to get to. I am making a video as we speak of the "PROPER" way to replace it. I will post it when it is done.

He said it happens at the same place, no matter how long or how far the engine had been running.  Certainly weird.

Great video btw!  Didn't know there was such a thing as an oil pressure sensor socket, GM used to place them to where wrenches could get at them.

Archived