2017 TAHOE Dash Noise

I have a 2017 Tahoe.  Purchased new last April.  Within the past month, an intermittent clicking/squeaking sound is coming from the dashboard somewhere left of the steering wheel.  I cannot determine whether it is from the vent, instrument panel, or some other system.  Maintenance from Chevy dealer (columbia Chevrolet in Cincinnati) is unable and/or unwilling to fix and is not impressing me.  Anyone have any input on what this might be?  It was so bad and obvious after the first time I took the vehicle in, I asked my wife to film it while I was driving.  I can provide the video/audio if someone has input.  

My boss has a 2015 Burb that did the same thing.  When I took it in to the dealership for her to check some other issues they knew what that sound was and fixed it.  I think the service manager told me it was a bolt that didn't get tightened up correctly or installed wrong.  He said almost every K2 truck they sell they have to go in and fix that.  I hope this helps you. 

• 4 weeks later...
I have a 2017 Tahoe.  Purchased new last April.  Within the past month, an intermittent clicking/squeaking sound is coming from the dashboard somewhere left of the steering wheel.  I cannot determine whether it is from the vent, instrument panel, or some other system.  Maintenance from Chevy dealer (columbia Chevrolet in Cincinnati) is unable and/or unwilling to fix and is not impressing me.  Anyone have any input on what this might be?  It was so bad and obvious after the first time I took the vehicle in, I asked my wife to film it while I was driving.  I can provide the video/audio if someone has input.  
Just got mine fixed. Dealer said this loud squelch sound was from steering column. It happened when i opened my door. The steering wheel would move back in position and cause the sound.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Go to another Dealer and take the tech for a ride and point out the rattle. Maybe the one poster that has his fixed can give you the Dealers name and you can call and speak to the service manager who should be able to tell you which bolt needs to be tightened since they are aware of the issue. Good luck.

Archived