Everytime i turn on my truck i get a message saying ,"steering assist reduced drive with care"

I took it to the dealer but they didnt want to work on it sence its lifted and all of the warranty is voided. Sounds like bs to me?? Any one with similar issue ?!?!? Its a 2017 silverado z71

I would honestly try to find another dealer that will still honor the rest of your warranty and not deny all claims because the truck is lifted, depending on your location that could prove difficult. Are you noticing any issues when driving the truck?

It looks like  there was another thread on this issue: 

Your truck could be having the same problem or a different problem, but it really needs to be scanned to better determine what is wrong with the steering. 

Yea ima look into another dealer thing is they are about 1.5 hours away. What concerns me the most is that my 4x4 isnt working properly. Wonder if i can talk to gm head quarters ???

Yea ima look into another dealer thing is they are about 1.5 hours away. What concerns me the most is that my 4x4 isnt working properly. Wonder if i can talk to gm head quarters ???
All this started happening after the lift was installed? If so take it the shop that did the work. If that doesn't pan out talk to the dealer and possibly pay for a check up of some sort?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

No i had the lift for abt 4 months,  it just started like 2 weeks ago, it always ran good.

Then one day at the dunes the 4x4 disengaged and i got stucked, then a hot transmision messaged popped up, then i left to get pulled out and 4x4 started working again, but everytime i turn on the truck "the steering asisstance reduce " pops up and it doesn't seem to affect the driving. But when i go to the sand dunes now the 4x4 seems like its not as strong as before???? It sucks its a new truck:/

10 hours ago, Goku760 said:

No i had the lift for abt 4 months,  it just started like 2 weeks ago, it always ran good.

Then one day at the dunes the 4x4 disengaged and i got stucked, then a hot transmision messaged popped up, then i left to get pulled out and 4x4 started working again, but everytime i turn on the truck "the steering asisstance reduce " pops up and it doesn't seem to affect the driving. But when i go to the sand dunes now the 4x4 seems like its not as strong as before???? It sucks its a new truck:/

Well that complicated things a bit. I would not tell any dealership this information or you will definitely be denied a warranty claim.

I would do a thorough check of all the front end components and any wiring that may be exposed up front to ensure that sand is not anywhere causing electrical interference or jamming a rotational mass up.

To check if 4wd is actually working or if it is just in your head that it is less effective now, I would put the truck on a lift and engage 4wd and see if all 4 tires spin

Key words in this thread, "I went to the sand dunes", I'm sure that all the truck manufacturers build and warranty their trucks for normal 4x4 duty, snow and icy conditions, muddy back roads in the woods, etc. Extreme off-roading like dune climbing and rock crawling, not so much. Most of the extreme off-roaders build to the max an older out of warranty vehicle for such endeavors.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎06 at 4:25 PM, Goku760 said:

Everytime i turn on my truck i get a message saying ,"steering assist reduced drive with care"

I had this message coming up every time I started my truck after I installed my heated steering wheel.  I am not sure of the exact cause (turning the steering wheel without the key on to take off the airbag/ disconnecting the clockspring???) but I own an EFILive autocal for my diesel that allows me to read and clear codes so I tried it on my truck.  It did not read any codes but I did a "clear codes" anyway and after that the message stopped.

If you can got to a place that scans codes for free or have a buddy with a tuner that has that capability it my be worth a try.

Good luck.

Archived