Chevy Tahoe power folding mirror upgrade

I recently decided to tackle the DL8 to DL3 mirror conversion on my 2017 cheverolet Tahoe lt. I purchased the power folding mirrors and switch. It was successful expcept the passenger mirror does not power fold. Driver side fold and adjusts, passenger side however adjusts but does not power fold. Thinking it was the mirror I emailed seller and was shipped a replacement. With the replacement the same situation occurred.... I’m wondering if anyone has had the same issue or a suggestion on how to fix it. Thanks any help would be appreciated 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

From looking at the wiring diagrams there are two circuits that are missing on the passenger side. The power fold and the power unfold. I might test by running the cable from the driver side door panel to the passenger side door panel.

Also, do you turn signals and puddle lamps work on your mirrors?

They don't for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2018 at 9:06 PM, Jdandurand said:

I recently decided to tackle the DL8 to DL3 mirror conversion on my 2017 cheverolet Tahoe lt. I purchased the power folding mirrors and switch. It was successful expcept the passenger mirror does not power fold. Driver side fold and adjusts, passenger side however adjusts but does not power fold. Thinking it was the mirror I emailed seller and was shipped a replacement. With the replacement the same situation occurred.... I’m wondering if anyone has had the same issue or a suggestion on how to fix it. Thanks any help would be appreciated 

Flash the passenger side switch

• 7 months later...

Have you guys figured out any help to this situation? I have the same issue.  No fold on passenger, and no flood or turn signals on either side.  I figured we would need to add some wires, but it might be more involved than that.  I have talked to Boost Auto Parts and Gamboa, and both seem hesitant to help on a Tahoe and seem that it could be more work than a truck.

• 4 months later...

You replaced the harnesses in the drivers side and passengers side door panels?

it doesn't sound like the new switch is communicating with the passenger side (switch is probably sending signals to a harness without a pin to carry the signal).

I believe this is a known issue if you dont replace/modify the wiring harness in the drivers door panel.

Here is a link to the thread on it

Edited by rbrjr1

You have to replace the passenger side window switch - no flash needed. 23488406 is part number - about 30 bones delivered. Looks exactly like the one it replaces. Luckily, you dont have to pull off door panel again. Just pry up switch cluster and replace. Did this yesterday...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yep, that’s correct. Swap the mirror switch on the driver side and the correct passenger window switch to enable the power fold feature. This works for vehicles with seat memory. For vehicles without, the passenger window switch isn’t needed. Additional wires have to be landed in the door connectors on the body side.

I make a harness that will enable the puddle, turn signal, driver auto dim and, if needed, passenger fold functions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 1/6/2018 at 10:06 PM, Jdandurand said:

you probably need a new passenger side switch - the power folding power / signal runs thru the passenger side.

See this awesome write-up