Changed light bulbs, now MPG has dropped significantly... MAF to blame?

2015 GMC Sierra SLT CCSB 4x4 5.3

As we all know, the engine air filter housing has to come out to gain access to the right headlight. I recently changed my head light bulbs to get a little better output (just new Philips 4K halogens, nothing fancy).

So for the past few weeks the gas mileage has be lousy. I’m wondering if disconnecting the MAF (the assembly is part of the air box) has caused the computer to recalibrate the MAF and fuel flow? Or is it super sensitive to being bumped? I can’t find a good reason to explain the sudden change in performance. Although it has bee in the 30’s here in Atlanta for a while.

Any thoughts?

M.

I have taken mine off a few times and never had a problem with it but who knows. I can't comment about a winter fuel bland that was mentioned because there is no blend gas or anything like that in my state. Now your vehicle will use alot more on cold mornings especially if you are letting it sit to warm up. Ontop of that until everything gets to operating temp it will use more then it will be normal. So short trips kind of suck

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

checked the blinker fluid?

sorry, but I chuckled when I read that swapping headlight bulbs caused a drop in MPG!  :lol:

P.S. I know the airbox removal is necessary - just found thread funny!

Can’t find a darn turbo encabulator anywhere tho. Talk about the ultimate mod... wow!

M.

2015 GMC Sierra SLT CCSB 4x4 5.3

As we all know, the engine air filter housing has to come out to gain access to the right headlight. I recently changed my head light bulbs to get a little better output (just new Philips 4K halogens, nothing fancy).

So for the past few weeks the gas mileage has be lousy. I’m wondering if disconnecting the MAF (the assembly is part of the air box) has caused the computer to recalibrate the MAF and fuel flow? Or is it super sensitive to being bumped? I can’t find a good reason to explain the sudden change in performance. Although it has bee in the 30’s here in Atlanta for a while.

Any thoughts?

M.

I also changed my bulb on the right side. My gas millage took a noise drive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived