Few easy questions, hoping you can resolve!

Hey guys, I purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain a couple months back. Absolutely love it. Have a few questions that could be simple to answer that I just can't figure out wanted to ask hoping you can help me out. 

1. Auto start from key fob, how do you make it to turn the heat on and not always turning defrosters on. I get into the truck being 5 degrees out lately after a 15 minute warm up and until I insert my key, it never gets warm. Sometime when I turn my key on, the AC light is randomly also on when it's 5 degrees out. 

2. There is an auto heat seats option in my display for auto start. When I auto start my seats do not turn on even though in options it says it's on. 

3. Auto fold mirrors. I have them turned on so when truck turns off they close inward. That has never happened. Even tried setting it for exit mode on seat memory and saved it with mirrors closed for exit seat mode and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

4. Memory seats. How do you make after programming 2 positions, make the first one primary. If I set 1 seat it works on that. If I set seat 2, unless I click 1, it will sat in 2 position which is my girlfriend's position to sit in.

5. Everytime while driving I hear a click noise coming from some part of the dashboard. It sound like right in the center somewhere. After driving for a bit it's just a random "click" sound effect. Like a tap noise or something. It's the strangest thing. Happened since day 1 I got it. Not the keychain hitting a panel or anything. Anyone hear this before?

6. I put XK glow LED bulbs in my headlight. 70w I believe. You guys prefer led or hid in projector housing? Color is nice but I dunno if the HID would just give a stronger light spectrum. 

7. I'm going to go to the dealership for this problem, but after coming to a complete stop. Then rolling a few mph, when hitting the brakes, it's as if the truck off and the brakes are stiff. Barely stops and you need to press down hard and it slowly depresses the petal. It's done this about 5 or 6 times for in the past few months. Never while at speeds. Only very slow. Or even in reverse rolling backwards then pressing the brake. Anyone hear of this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

Hey guys, I purchased a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain a couple months back. Absolutely love it. Have a few questions that could be simple to answer that I just can't figure out wanted to ask hoping you can help me out. 

1. Auto start from key fob, how do you make it to turn the heat on and not always turning defrosters on. I get into the truck being 5 degrees out lately after a 15 minute warm up and until I insert my key, it never gets warm. Sometime when I turn my key on, the AC light is randomly also on when it's 5 degrees out. 

2. There is an auto heat seats option in my display for auto start. When I auto start my seats do not turn on even though in options it says it's on. 

3. Auto fold mirrors. I have them turned on so when truck turns off they close inward. That has never happened. Even tried setting it for exit mode on seat memory and saved it with mirrors closed for exit seat mode and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

4. Memory seats. How do you make after programming 2 positions, make the first one primary. If I set 1 seat it works on that. If I set seat 2, unless I click 1, it will sat in 2 position which is my girlfriend's position to sit in.

5. Everytime while driving I hear a click noise coming from some part of the dashboard. It sound like right in the center somewhere. After driving for a bit it's just a random "click" sound effect. Like a tap noise or something. It's the strangest thing. Happened since day 1 I got it. Not the keychain hitting a panel or anything. Anyone hear this before?

6. I put XK glow LED bulbs in my headlight. 70w I believe. You guys prefer led or hid in projector housing? Color is nice but I dunno if the HID would just give a stronger light spectrum. 

7. I'm going to go to the dealership for this problem, but after coming to a complete stop. Then rolling a few mph, when hitting the brakes, it's as if the truck off and the brakes are stiff. Barely stops and you need to press down hard and it slowly depresses the petal. It's done this about 5 or 6 times for in the past few months. Never while at speeds. Only very slow. Or even in reverse rolling backwards then pressing the brake. Anyone hear of this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

1. With really cold temps, the engine can’t generate enough heat in one remote start cycle.

2. Seats are on, but they don’t really generate lots of heat until pressure(your weight) is on them.

3. Hold the lock button and they will close. Unlocking is the opposite. Hold it longer and your windows will also go down.

4. Seat positions are tied to keys. One remote is 1 the other is 2.

7. Sounds like the brake booster isn’t generating enough pressure at low rpm. Could be a fluid issue perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your heater to retain memory of what you want...do not turn fan speed to off. Leave on fan speed minimum when you shut it off. Only way I found for it to retain memory of settings.

Your brake issue....known problem. The belt driven vacuum pump is going. Replace it before the rubber diaphragm fails sending motor oil to the brake vacuum booster giving you a $1800 repair bill. If you have a buddy with a vacuum gauge he can plug into the line coming off the vacuum pump to verify insufficient vacuum being produced.

39 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

1. With really cold temps, the engine can’t generate enough heat in one remote start cycle.

2. Seats are on, but they don’t really generate lots of heat until pressure(your weight) is on them.

3. Hold the lock button and they will close. Unlocking is the opposite. Hold it longer and your windows will also go down.

7. Sounds like the brake booster isn’t generating enough pressure at low rpm. Could be a fluid issue perhaps.

Hey thank you! I would assume the 10-15 minute cycle is not long enough, you are correct. But I meant more of how to have it not on defrost mode and just have it turned on to heat. The seats, thank you makes sense. I honestly did not know my key and key fob did that. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, martha3065 said:

5. Sound like a small rock hitting the windshield? This is common and seems to be the radio bezel or trim expanding as the vehicle warms. My 16 does it also.

That's what I read previously somewhere on here. I was looking for that thread again before. But you are exactly correct. Like a tiny rock hitting the windshield. 

25 minutes ago, Paintor said:

For your heater to retain memory of what you want...do not turn fan speed to off. Leave on fan speed minimum when you shut it off. Only way I found for it to retain memory of settings.

Your brake issue....known problem. The belt driven vacuum pump is going. Replace it before the rubber diaphragm fails sending motor oil to the brake vacuum booster giving you a $1800 repair bill. If you have a buddy with a vacuum gauge he can plug into the line coming off the vacuum pump to verify insufficient vacuum being produced.

I'm going to try that tomorrow and see what happens! And the brake issue... Ohh crud. Thank you very much for that information! When I spoke to my local GMC he acted like he didn't know what it could be. He thought maybe ABS failing but I said no I don't think so. 

Hey thank you! I would assume the 10-15 minute cycle is not long enough, you are correct. But I meant more of how to have it not on defrost mode and just have it turned on to heat. The seats, thank you makes sense. I honestly did not know my key and key fob did that. Thank you!

Whatever setting you had on prior to leaving the truck such as defroster, feet heat or a mix is what the truck will use when remote starting. And yeah I get that same noise like a rock hitting the windshield after a certain time. Something in the dash is expanding as it warms.

54 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

3. You can turn off the all windows down feature.

Archived