1" Wheel Adapters Work! 2014 Sierra SLT

BORA 1" hub centric wheel adapters installed and work, with NO trimming of the factory studs.

To make a long story short, I put a 2.5" level on the truck with the larger rear block.  Wanted a little more so I added a 2" body lift, for a total of 4.5" of life and couldn't be happier.  Then I wanted to get the factory wheels pushed out just a little bit and after a TON of searching on here and other places, all I read was that you would have to trim the studs if you went with less than 1.5" wheel adapters.  So I bought 1.5" hub centric adapters and put them on.  Did not like quite how far they stuck out for my taste and set up.  So I did away with those.  I then measured the wheel stud length, and the pocket on the inside of the factory wheels.  My 2014 SLT has the factory 20" chrome wheels with pockets on the back side that measure just a hair over 3/4" deep.  Wheel studs were 1.5" long.  So, I took the chance and bought a set of 1" BORA wheel adapters to see if they would work since I've not seen a single thread or any information stating they would.......WITHOUT having to cut the factory studs.

And they DO.   So for all of you that have wondered if 1" wheel adapters will work, I can speak from Personal Experience, as I just installed them on my 2014 SLT less than an hour ago and DID NOT have to trim the factory studs at all.  So at least if you have the same factory wheels I do, they WILL Work.   Pictures below provided.

Factory wheel Hub prior to install.

IMG_0568.jpg

Bora 1" Wheel Adapter

IMG_0572.jpg

Adapter measured for Proof of size

IMG_0569.jpg

Installed

IMG_0573.jpg

Installed with tape measure again.  And as in picture above, here you can see the factory stud is still completely in-tack with the end nipple still attached.  No Trimming.

IMG_0576.jpg

More coming below.....

• Thanks 1

Shot down the front

IMG_0578.jpg

Down the back

IMG_0581.jpg

Wider Angle Front Shot

IMG_0577.jpg

Wider Angle Shot from Rear Quarter

IMG_0584.jpg

My reason for posting this is because I've seen the question asked several times if 1" would work or not and it seems I am the only one (at least that I could find) that was willing to give it a shot and try.  So at the very least, if you have the same factory wheels I do, 1" will work without trimming the factory studs.  Don't know about other wheels, as you would have to measure the factory stud and pockets on the back side of your wheel to determine that.

Thank.

Edited by 14WhiteZ71
  • Like 4

Does it rub when you turn? What tire size are you running? I want to push my wheels out a bit too, I pretty much did the same thing and am going for the same look; I only did a 3" suspension lift with 33" tires on factory 18" wheels. Only thing I want to change is push the wheels out a bit, but I've always hated bolt-on spacers. Guess if I want that look I can different wheels or use spacers... Thanks for posting this though. Looks good!

This is great to know, thanks for posting!  I am getting ready to do a level kit with upper control arms on the same wheels and similar sized tires, but not wanting 1.75" spacers...so looks like your solution will be perfect for me to clear the upper control arms on factory tires.  

16 hours ago, jd173706 said:

Does it rub when you turn? What tire size are you running? I want to push my wheels out a bit too, I pretty much did the same thing and am going for the same look; I only did a 3" suspension lift with 33" tires on factory 18" wheels. Only thing I want to change is push the wheels out a bit, but I've always hated bolt-on spacers. Guess if I want that look I can different wheels or use spacers... Thanks for posting this though. Looks good!

I am running 295/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT 2 Extreme tires.  It does not rub anything at all..  I was rubbing inside at full lock before adapters, but not now.  I will going with a true 33x12.50 or 305/55/20's next time around on tires.  Looking at the space inside now either one should fit fine with no rubbing at all either. 

I've had my hesitations on adapters as well.  I stay nervous with them on even though I've had nothing but good experiences in the past.  I had a set of 1.5" adapters on the rear of my 2006 2500HD Diesel, that were not even hub centric.  Had them on for about 5 years with no problems at all and I use to tow quit heavy with it.  They were still on there when I sold the truck.  Had them on because front track width on 2500's use to come from the factory 3" wider than the rear (overall, 1.5" each side), so I wanted the rear to track the same as the front.

I'm not going to praise the longevity of these yet since I've only put about 50 miles on them.  I'll do days without even driving my truck due to having a company car, but every where me and the family go is in my truck.  Then this summer I will be towing a boat with it, and occasionally I will tow my compact tractor with it, so I'll be able to give a good evaluation over the next year with them.

Thanks for the compliments too.  I'm very pleased with the appearance of the truck now.  Final debate is Towing mirrors.  Love the look of them.  But that will come later.....maybe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 14WhiteZ71 said:

I am running 295/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT 2 Extreme tires.  It does not rub anything at all..  I was rubbing inside at full lock before adapters, but not now.  I will going with a true 33x12.50 or 305/55/20's next time around on tires.  Looking at the space inside now either one should fit fine with no rubbing at all either. 

I've had my hesitations on adapters as well.  I stay nervous with them on even though I've had nothing but good experiences in the past.  I had a set of 1.5" adapters on the rear of my 2006 2500HD Diesel, that were not even hub centric.  Had them on for about 5 years with no problems at all and I use to tow quit heavy with it.  They were still on there when I sold the truck.  Had them on because front track width on 2500's use to come from the factory 3" wider than the rear (overall, 1.5" each side), so I wanted the rear to track the same as the front.

I'm not going to praise the longevity of these yet since I've only put about 50 miles on them.  I'll do days without even driving my truck due to having a company car, but every where me and the family go is in my truck.  Then this summer I will be towing a boat with it, and occasionally I will tow my compact tractor with it, so I'll be able to give a good evaluation over the next year with them.

Thanks for the compliments too.  I'm very pleased with the appearance of the truck now.  Final debate is Towing mirrors.  Love the look of them.  But that will come later.....maybe.

Thanks for the info. Interested to hear how it goes towing this summer. 

Thanks for the info!  I just ordered a set of 4.  I have a set of 1/2" slip on spacers on my front now but have been wanting bolt on spacers.  I knew 1.25" would fit but would rather not push them out quite so far.  This looks just right - subtle but noticeable.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 10:56 AM, Alex Hardy said:

Looks good! I'm still debating on a set of 1.25" ones for my truck or aftermarket rims, I kind of like how the stockers look poking out of the truck a little

Did you decide one which you were going to do ??     I like the looks of mine with 1”, but for some reason over the last week or two, I’ve found myself wondering if I would like 1.25” better.....

3 hours ago, 14WhiteZ71 said:

Did you decide one which you were going to do ??     I like the looks of mine with 1”, but for some reason over the last week or two, I’ve found myself wondering if I would like 1.25” better.....

lol.  It never stops.  Good looking truck