New Member/Owner Realtree

crapovsky

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum and just got my first brand new truck,  a 2017 Silverado.  I'm not new to Chevy, I've had lots of used trucks and Suburbans over the years, but this is my first brand new Chevy, kinda excited lol.

I wanted to say hi and mention a couple things.

First, this forum is a mountain of great information! I lurked on here for months, reading threads etc.  Super helpful in making my decision.  So thank you to everyone that posted up on 2014+ Silverados!

Second, I did not set out to buy a Realtree edition truck.  I wanted a base LTZ 4x4 in black, that's it.  As these things seem to go, I had a deal lined up and it fell through over trade value on my current ride.  Started looking again and found a black LTZ 6.2 at another dealer!  Long story short, they had a guy that was willing to buy it right then, right there while I was looking at it.  I say, no problem, I'll find another one.  The salesman says, I have one more truck I want you to look at.  Way out in the back 40 is sitting this truck.  I knew nothing about the realtree package, took one look at the the CAMO and the wheels and said, no thank you!

Salesman proceeds to tell me they've had it for 6 months and are motivated to move it......He asks me to at least drive it.  I set down some non-negotiable ground rules.  If, IF we come to a deal, the camo gets removed, the wheels and tires are swapped to something of my choosing and they throw in a tonneau cover.

Long story short, I got this thing for less than I was going to pay for the base LTZ at the other dealer, with wheels, tires, leveling kit (not yet installed in the pics) and a tonneau cover! and....I'm kinda warming up to the camo....

These Realtree trucks seem to polarize people, however, if you're willing to look past some stickers, I think there's deals to be had on them.

PS, the stock wheels and Goodyear Wrangler tires are just awful.

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum and just got my first brand new truck,  a 2017 Silverado.  I'm not new to Chevy, I've had lots of used trucks and Suburbans over the years, but this is my first brand new Chevy, kinda excited lol.

I wanted to say hi and mention a couple things.

First, this forum is a mountain of great information! I lurked on here for months, reading threads etc.  Super helpful in making my decision.  So thank you to everyone that posted up on 2014+ Silverados!

Second, I did not set out to buy a Realtree edition truck.  I wanted a base LTZ 4x4 in black, that's it.  As these things seem to go, I had a deal lined up and it fell through over trade value on my current ride.  Started looking again and found a black LTZ 6.2 at another dealer!  Long story short, they had a guy that was willing to buy it right then, right there while I was looking at it.  I say, no problem, I'll find another one.  The salesman says, I have one more truck I want you to look at.  Way out in the back 40 is sitting this truck.  I knew nothing about the realtree package, took one look at the the CAMO and the wheels and said, no thank you!

Salesman proceeds to tell me they've had it for 6 months and are motivated to move it......He asks me to at least drive it.  I set down some non-negotiable ground rules.  If, IF we come to a deal, the camo gets removed, the wheels and tires are swapped to something of my choosing and they throw in a tonneau cover.

Long story short, I got this thing for less than I was going to pay for the base LTZ at the other dealer, with wheels, tires, leveling kit (not yet installed in the pics) and a tonneau cover! and....I'm kinda warming up to the camo....

These Realtree trucks seem to polarize people, however, if you're willing to look past some stickers, I think there's deals to be had on them.

PS, the stock wheels and Goodyear Wrangler tires are just awful.

IMG_4675.thumb.JPG.85b9604e60a11ddab7709b5032c708cf.JPG
IMG_4678.thumb.JPG.08612b17e4bb255cca3f7c60688d2201.JPG

What's your tire setup? Rim size and tire size? It looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the forum. I was never a huge fan but I do love camo, just not paying extra for someone elses brand on my truck.

Are there any custom interior camo touches?

Thanks. I agree.

The interior is pretty subtle, and the doors and sides of console is camo instead of LTZ wood and the trim around the outer vents are camo.  The headrests have the Realtree logo stitched into them.  That's it.

13 minutes ago, Jmiller11331 said:

What's your tire setup? Rim size and tire size? It looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  Those are the Falken Wild Peak AT3s in a 275/60R20, so one size larger than stock.  The rims are Fuel Crush D561 20x9.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Hope you realize with Black exterior, camo interior,  you can always tell your other half that you were in the woods and "misplaced" your truck, and that's why you were late!?

2 minutes ago, Ret Grunt said:

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Hope you realize with Black exterior, camo interior,  you can always tell your other half that you were in the woods and "misplaced" your truck, and that's why you were late!?

That sir, is a great idea!  I'll let you know how it works out! 

Archived