TPMS Question

On my 15 Sierra, the TPMS sensors seem to be very inaccurate.  I set all 4 tires to 36 psi cold and in the shade using a very accurate gauge I use in the race car.  The TPMS display in the dash is showing a range of 30-34 psi.  The fronts are showing 32L and 34R, the rears are showing 30L and 32R.  I've had other vehicles that were off due to altitude, but all 4 were off by the same amount.  Can this be calibrated so they are accurate, or at least all off by the same amount?  I the distance to the rear tires an issue for accuracy?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

On my 15 Sierra, the TPMS sensors seem to be very inaccurate.  I set all 4 tires to 36 psi cold and in the shade using a very accurate gauge I use in the race car.  The TPMS display in the dash is showing a range of 30-34 psi.  The fronts are showing 32L and 34R, the rears are showing 30L and 32R.  I've had other vehicles that were off due to altitude, but all 4 were off by the same amount.  Can this be calibrated so they are accurate, or at least all off by the same amount?  I the distance to the rear tires an issue for accuracy?

Thanks.

Welcome to the club!

1 hour ago, Paintor said:

Take to a shop that has that reset tool for the TPMS....ie....when tires are rotated.....dont know why....but after resetting your psi will show correct. 

It doesn't make sense that relearning position would alter the out put of the monitor.

9 minutes ago, duquephart said:

It doesn't make sense that relearning position would alter the out put of the monitor.

No it does not make sense....no idea how it corrects it. Distance from receiver to sensor? i dunno

46 minutes ago, sk said:

Or you can just buy the tool and do it yourself.  We have 3 GM vehicles from 2013-2015 and this tool works great on all of them.  Takes me literally less than a minute to relearn all 4 tires:

http://www.tpmstoolshop.com/wholesale/el-50448-auto-tire-pressure-monitor-sensor.html

Thanks for the link. I've been thinking about getting one. At that price, it can't be beat!

I just ordered mine.

19 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

Let us know how it works

I already did.  Used it last weekend on a 2013 Cruze, 2015 Silverado, and 2015 ATS with zero problems.  Easy directions:

1. Pull up the tire pressure screen on the DIC.
  2. Hold the Select button for a few seconds.  It will go into learning mode.
  3. Starting at the driver's tire hold the tool near the valve stem and hold down the button on the tool until the horn beeps.
  4. Continue same process in this order -- LF, RF, RR, LR.
  5. After the Left Rear the horn will beep 2 or 3 times to let you know all the sensors are learned.

DONE!  Takes about 30-40 seconds total.

57 minutes ago, tnchevy said:

I might get one as well since I do my own tire rotations.  The website says it only works up to 2013 model years but I guess it doe 2014+ trucks as well?

I have it and in works on my 2017.

Archived