Gorehamj

KBB: Silverado and Sierra Top Ford F-150 For Resale Value

silverado HD 18 towing.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

1-12-2018

The 2018 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra finished just ahead of the Ford F-150 in the newest list of Kelly Blue Book (KBB) Best Resale Value Rankings. The trucks finished fifth and sixth overall in the rankings of all vehicles – not just trucks.

“Chevrolet recently celebrated 100 years as a truck maker,” said Sandor Piszar, director of Marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “We’ve built more than 85 million dependable, long-lasting pickups with an emphasis on quality, which will continue to be an integral focus for our lineup moving forward.”

The top vehicle overall was the Toyota Tacoma, followed by the Tundra and 4Runner. Chevy’s Colorado was 8th overall, and the Tahoe topped its class as did the Silverado HD.

These are projected resale values of course. More at KBB .

Shocked!  Nothing surprising here Toyota being the most stagnant of all manufactures and FERD's 2.7L,3.5L Ecoboost junk.  Looks good Ferd let's talk to some ecoboost owners after 150K?  That's what I thought............................

I personally think the new front end Chevrolet went with looks just right. Ford has the aluminum body but too much chrome, fake or real and the whole "Busy", Not really sure how that's working for some,  But the Silverado full size is the real bread winner. I'm not real sure of why I dislike the Canyon and Colorado. They somehow look like there something missing.  Looks kinda like they were pressed together at the top, like they hope to be full size one day ?????

SANY0617.JPG

Edited by Killain

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zane
      So, now that everyone has gotten a look at which trim levels Chevy will offer for 2019 on the Silverado..quick poll! 
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      1-14-2018

One point of emphasis in last night’s Chevrolet Silverado launch was the cargo bed area improvements. Chevy seems to have taken great care to make not just the strongest cargo area, but the most functional.

The 2019 Silverado will feature the most cargo volume in every bed length. The short-box will have 63 cubic feet of volume. Chevy says this new short box has  “up to 20 percent more than a competitor’s short-box.”  However, it isn’t just overall volume that improves. Chevy has also increased the maximum width of the bed by seven inches. Furthermore, Chevy will offer new lockable storage boxes that fit over the wheel wells and will still allow 4X8’ building materials to load flat on the floor. The twelve fixed and nine movable cargo area tie downs in the new Silverado will be twice as strong as competitors’ tie downs.

Chevy is also doubling-down on steel as the cargo area material. Still roll-formed high-strength steel to maximum yield strength, a new alloy is used with even more resistance to damage. However, the tailgate is made of aluminum. Chevy made it no secret that it uses the best material for the job during its live launch.

Corner step remains, but cutouts are now larger. The new Silverado will also be available with a class-exclusive fob-operated power up/down tailgate that can also be operated from the interior button or by hand. Other features will include available task lighting, a 120-volt power outlet.

• By Leviaaronjones
      I've got a 2014 5.3L Silverado and yes it has the AFM I want it gone but for now I have to deal with it. I had a flowmaster 40 series installed and resonator cut off, and it is very quiet. I see no flapper valve so I am assuming that he cut it off to (which I was unaware of a flapper valve at the time). My question is, why is it so quiet? Does the AFM make that big of a difference In sound even when in v8? Is the flapper valve still there? Did the guy do something to make the truck quieter (we had a small disagreement while he was installing the system, and after he was done he said "if you ever want it louder we can cut off the 3rd cat"). Any help is greatly appreciated and I am going to try and put pics in the comments cuz it will not let me in the the post.
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      1-13-2018
      Chevrolet unveiled the all-new 2019 Silverado live tonight, and the launch was watched by GM-Trucks.com members here at the site with running commentary. The overall reaction is very positive to the new Silverado.

Chevrolet’s main points of emphasis on the new truck included:
      Size Increases in key areas
      A mixed-materials approach which yields 450 pounds in weight savings
      8 distinct trims tailored to customer expectations and wishes
      A new 3.0-liter inline diesel engine mated to the new 10-speed transmission
      A strong emphasis on quality
      New style and functionality elements throughout the truck
      The bed remains steel

Three hosts overviewed the launch event. We have come to be fans of Mark Reuss here at GM-Trucks.com, and his well-rehearsed statements about materials and weight savings did not mask his passion for the new truck’s many improvements.  One noteworthy comparison Reuss used was that of a hammer, which is made of many materials. The head of the hammer, though is steel. Reuss said, “I don’t know how much work you’d get done with an aluminum hammer.”

The new truck features size increases in many key areas including in the cargo area. The rear seats will feature novel cargo cubbies. One interesting new design feature is that the seat height is increased and headroom also increases over previous Silverados.

Chevy clearly wants Silverado owners to think of the truck as built for them. To that end, Chevy has created eight distinct trims, including; Work Truck, LT, LTZ, Custom, RTS, High Country, Custom Trail Boss, and LT Trail Boss. Each of the presenters highlighted the ways in which the various trims serve the needs, tastes, and wish-lists of various Silverado buyers.

Throughout the presentation, the speakers continued to mention the Ft. Wayne assembly plant and its industry best quality ratings from JD Power (JD Power Hammer if you watch the Mahk videos). Even going so far as to have the plant manager take a bow.

The new 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder turbo diesel engine option was revealed, but no details were given. However, Mark Reuss did point out that he knows the specs from Ford’s release this week and promised Chevy fans would have bragging rights.

The new truck’s styling is shown in the images. We will break down the elements of this new style in a separate story. The oddly placed shark-fin antenna and new front end were the topics of many Livestream viewers' comments.

There is much more to say about the exciting new 2019 Silverado and GM-Trucks.com will dive deep on the many points touched upon here over the coming days and weeks.