What do you think is the real problem

So been following comments for a long while about shudders, lag, the shake/vibration on the freeway and other stuff like that. I had the issues, then when I did a 6in lift, 35s, and 4.11 gears everything seemed fixed and truck has driven perfect since it was done. So I wonder what the real issue is when it comes to the truck when in stock form? What did they get wrong that one of or the combination of what I did to the truck that fixed the problems on my truck? What is everyone's thoughts on this

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The problem is a problem to one in then thousand trucks. You only hear the complaints when it's wrong; rarely an at-a-boy when it's right. Problems congregate in forums where like minded problem people seek each other out for advice and/or sympathy. 

I don’t doubt some people have some problems with theses trucks. These trucks are so quiet and smooth they rival some of the luxury cars I’ve owned. I think some of the complaints are road related. There’s roads in my area heavy trucks frequently travel, the wash board effect would make a luxury car feel like a Empty F-450. The wind noise bumpy ride of past trucks would mask bad roads. I think making trucks more like cars they are attracting people who expect them to be like large cars. Hard to do with such unbalanced weight distribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you change one thing at a time, it is often easier to isolate the cause of the problem.  Did you do that?
No. When I did my mods I just did them because I wanted to not to try and solve a specific problem. I was just thinking what was basically fixed when I made the changes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Did you do any "Tune" work to correct the rolling diameter with larger tires? Since you made more than minor changes to the typical causes of the issues, you came out way ahead. Enjoy your truck and keep us updated on the performance!

Uman

On 1/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

The problem is a problem to one in then thousand trucks. You only hear the complaints when it's wrong; rarely an at-a-boy when it's right. Problems congregate in forums where like minded problem people seek each other out for advice and/or sympathy. 

This 1000x. 

If you go go to a restaurant and have a great time, do you normally tell everyone or just some close people you talk to. On the other hand, if you had horrible customer service you are more prone to vent about it/post to social media and tell hundreds. Just the nature of the beast. There are tons of guys that don’t have any problems, they just don’t create threads about it. 

Archived