Live Chat & Watch Chevrolet Introduce the 2019 Silverado Live HERE

Zane

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Gorehamj said:

Interesting shark fin antenna placement and shape

Overall I'm impressed with the new trucks.  I'm not planning a new one until 2020 or 2021, so I can wait for them to vet out any new issues or improvements.  But, I do agree highly that this "sharkfin" needs to be rear center of the cab roof.  It's just ugly where it's at.

14 minutes ago, Daly said:

God damn it, they made the AFM worse, now it can shut off up to 7 cylinders.

I personally LOVE the AFM modes now.  Can't wait to see what kind of MPG they get with this improvement.  He did say something about "customer choice" on AFM... hmmmm....

Nice trucks, but not quit enough to make me want to sell my '16 for a new one...I'll wait for a couple more years I guess.

At least the 10spd trans will be available, which is nice!

2 minutes ago, Nargg said:

I personally LOVE the AFM modes now.  Can't wait to see what kind of MPG they get with this improvement.  He did say something about "customer choice" on AFM... hmmmm....

A power / sport and economy button would be nice!

I don't care how many times I read "Silverado," every time I see that red one with the tiny bed I think it's a Colorado.  Trucks look interesting, did they go 100% LEDs with this generation?  They can add all the trim levels they want but picky turds like me still won't find the truck they want because it combines things from multiple trims.  I'll be waiting for the new HDs and what they do with those in a couple years.

I downloaded the Hi-Res of the interior from Chevy's media site.  Lots of new switchgear. 

- Trailer brake controller is now in the center stack down low.

- The 4x4 switch is now where the trailer brake controller was.  All the modes look like push buttons but there is a rotary knob with neutral in the middle of it?

- Window lockout is in the center stack buttons.

- There is an A with a circle arrow around it?  Not sure what that's for. 

- HVAC controls are very straight forward, and follow the newest GM cars/suv models.  

- COLUMN SHIFT!!!!  And its got a new shift lever!!!!!

- Electronic parking brake as I suspected from some of the prototype spy shots.  No more drum in hat style to rot and fail 10 years down the road.  The spy shots had it mounted right to the rear caliper so this will be rear caliper parking brake.  

- Being they showed it only in High Country, I must say that the High Country interior is much more appealing with that Saddle/Black two tone than the straight Saddle that is in the K2.  

It will be interesting to see really how much larger these are physically over the current trucks.  I'm really curious to see how much more room the regular cab has.  And I NEED details on that 3.0 I6 Duramax!

2 hours ago, Gorehamj said:

All new 3.0L Diesel - Cool.  In-line 6 too, which is always better for vibration.

Every Ram guy just went....oh, crap!  You can't even compare the FERD diesel to this....Oh...it hurts this thing owns!

Archived