Rear air vents!

x219c

image.thumb.png.2068faa5c00cca1f7defb89503e64c3f.png

Video of the interior of the High Country.  Screen shot of the rear vents.  Looks like there are also heated seat buttons for the rear.  Watch the entire video here:

• Like 2

The sad part most of those people there could probably care les about pickup trucks :(

Also I felt like I was in the Blair Witch project video.  Jeez to much to ask for a higher quality video?

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.2068faa5c00cca1f7defb89503e64c3f.png

Video of the interior of the High Country.  Screen shot of the rear vents.  Looks like there are also heated seat buttons for the rear.  Watch the entire video here:

Looked like there was some sort of HUD projector on that high country

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

The sad part most of those people there could probably care les about pickup trucks :(

Also I felt like I was in the Blair Witch project video.  Jeez to much to ask for a higher quality video?

Yeah totally agree.  The video quality wasn't the best.  Funniest part was near the end when the cameraman got in the current model truck and thought he was in the new one.  Not the most informed individual.  But the reason that I posted this was that sometimes amateurs post and show things that official GM doesn't want to discuss yet.  (Like the rear vents)  TFL truck had a vid up this morning that showed push button start.  Not a big thing for me, but for some it was the holy grail of any redesign.  

This skip fire technology that I've been reading about sounds interesting IF IT WORKS with long term reliability and without headaches.  I still think there's another engine out there as GM was somewhat evasive when asked about another engine.  Guess we'll see in a few weeks.  

I wasnt knocking that you posted this, I appreciate it.  The comment was directed more at the amateur (my 5 yr old daughter can take better video with an iphone) person taking the video.  

The start stop technology scares me a bit as you mentioned reliability. We will see.  The truck will have push button start.  I never thought it was a big deal until I drove a new camaro with it.  I actually like it, so much so I am trading up to a 2018 :)  

HUD is what I really want, hope they offer it on more than high country trucks as I dont want that model.

My 2011 LTZ had rear seat vents. I don't know why they got lost in 2014. As it has already been mentioned, it definitely looks like a HUD projector in The High Country. I'm surprised it wasn't talked about in the video. I wonder when they will reveal the GMC version? The Chevy is looking pretty good to me, but the jury is still out.

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

The start stop technology scares me a bit as you mentioned reliability

The button on the lower center stack with the A and circle around it should cut the feature off, but will have to hit the button every time you restart. All the new 2018 vehicles I have seen have the feature. The 2018 Buick enclave and Chevy traverse have it but no button to turn it off. They have to be driven in manual mode on the trans to disable it. It just another treat from the government.

I went back and looked at the 2018 Tundra and there is no mention of start stop tech in the specs. The Tundra is the only truck out for now that doesn't have all this gimmick crap on them. If you want a truck like we use to drive and enjoyed them this is the truck. I know we all curse them for mpgs and being behind in all the tech crap but maybe its all been for a reason. I have had a Tundra and I must say it was a good truck had no problems at all. But I had to have more bells and whistles just like everyone else. To much technology being pushed today. Its all nice but just more to give trouble.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by southern_sierra

My Grand Cherokee has start stop and I hate it. I was able to buy a device that plugs into the OBDII port to keep it off as hitting the button every time was annoying and the system was just too damn slow to get the engine running if you wanted to make a quick turn onto a busy road. I know on F150s you can just plug anything into the trailer wiring and it will keep ESS off. 

In typical Chrysler quality, even before I bought this plug in thing I would get random errors saying the stop/start function had a fault and to bring it in for service but it always clears on the next restart. Never brought it up with the dealer cause I just don't care. I'll be back in a pickup next year and I'm excited to see more of the new GM stuff. Not committed to it but I know that I definitely won't be getting a Ram. I'm through with Chrysler. Both this and the Wrangler have had too many issues new vehicles shouldn't have. 

The start/stop tech is not "gimmick"....its goverment making them squeek out every MPG.

Just like the awful shifting transmission... awful overall drivability. Front air dams that sit only inches above the pavement, etc

That start / stop tech sucks.... I can almost guarantee you that you will have to disable it each time you start up. My wife's car has this, I knew this new truck would get it as well. I assume every vehicle will have it in few more years

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

The start/stop tech is not "gimmick"....its goverment making them squeek out every MPG.

Just like the awful shifting transmission... awful overall drivability. Front air dams that sit only inches above the pavement, etc

That start / stop tech sucks.... I can almost guarantee you that you will have to disable it each time you start up. My wife's car has this, I knew this new truck would get it as well. I assume every vehicle will have it in few more years

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did say it was a push from the goverment. Its to cut down on emissions from idling.

Edited by southern_sierra

I think start/stop technology makes a lot of sense.  Reducing emissions is in everybody's best interest and this sounds like a painless way for us to do our part.  I test drove a '09 Sierra hybrid when new and was very impressed with how seamlessly it could switch between electric and gas operation.   I assume the  start stop  technology in the 2019 will reflect 10 years of perfecting this function.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-high-country-interior-2018-detroit-auto-show-013-rear-seat-hvac-vents-controls.thumb.jpg.0f65d9dfc11c6db97405a471b26829c5.jpg

Rear heated Seat!

Butt heat only? I don't see the back heat on the button icon.

Left and right heat only? Center unheated?

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 1