DL3 mirror with turn signals in a DL8

Is it possible to add the DL3 mirror inside a DL8 and have the turn signals working? I really want turn signals but don't care about the power folding and it's more money to switch out my DL8 with the DL3

If you can find the glass cheap, I suppose you can run the wiring to make them work. I’ve seen glass for about $70/each. At that price, you’re betting holding out and waiting for a deal on DL3 mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

If you can find the glass cheap, I suppose you can run the wiring to make them work. I’ve seen glass for about $70/each. At that price, you’re betting holding out and waiting for a deal on DL3 mirrors.

I have 2014 LT so I would need the mirrors, your custom plug and play harness, and the mirror switch so wouldn't that be a lot of money than say $150 for the glass

Edited by Gingerly
  • Like 1

I bought a set of DL3 Mirrors off CL for $180 once. My DIY Kit is $65, but if you were planning on wiring up the glass, you might be able to devise your own wiring methods for less. The power fold switch is about $60.

21 hours ago, Gingerly said:

Is it possible to add the DL3 mirror inside a DL8 and have the turn signals working? I really want turn signals but don't care about the power folding and it's more money to switch out my DL8 with the DL3

Good idea, but not practical.  The cost of a new mirror is the minor part of this upgrade.  The time,  labor, wiring, and hassle negates any advantage to customizing your stock mirror, imo.  Buy new mirrors, plug & play harness, install and enjoy!

I’ll second that. The one time you’ll “need” power folding mirrors, you’ll be hooked. 

My truck barely squeezes beside the house and fence through my gate. Being able to fold the mirrors in with a switch while I squeeze by is awesome. You get power folding mirrors, signals in the glass, puddle lamps underneath and the drivers side mirror dims if you add the circuitry for this as well. 

17 hours ago, pgamboa said:

I bought a set of DL3 Mirrors off CL for $180 once. My DIY Kit is $65, but if you were planning on wiring up the glass, you might be able to devise your own wiring methods for less. The power fold switch is about $60.

I didn't even think about Craigslist

7 hours ago, Donstar said:

Good idea, but not practical.  The cost of a new mirror is the minor part of this upgrade.  The time,  labor, wiring, and hassle negates any advantage to customizing your stock mirror, imo.  Buy new mirrors, plug & play harness, install and enjoy!

You make a very good point as well, didn't really think about all the time, labor, and hassle of everything

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Gingerly said:

Not a problem at all. Reach out to this guy "pgamboa" on this forum. He re-pins the door harness's  so everything is plug and play, from DL8 to DL3 is a simple install.

Not a problem at all. Reach out to this guy "pgamboa" on this forum. He re-pins the door harness's  so everything is plug and play, from DL8 to DL3 is a simple install.

If anyone is interested, I have a set of new 2018 DL3 mirrors and harness that came off my new truck. Dealer removed brand new. Looking to sell it not give them away. Cannot post ad here yet since I don’t have 50 posts. Feel free to PM me

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I have a set of new 2018 DL3 mirrors and harness that came off my new truck. Dealer removed brand new. Looking to sell it not give them away. Cannot post ad here yet since I don’t have 50 posts. Feel free to PM me

Just a quick update on this. I only have the passenger side mirror available. I sold the drivers side

Still working on my 50 posts need to post a classified so please keep me in mind if someone needs just the passenger side. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this. I only have the passenger side mirror available. I sold the drivers side

Still working on my 50 posts need to post a classified so please keep me in mind if someone needs just the passenger side. Thanks

Sold the passenger side new DL3 Mirror and harness. Still don’t have 50 posts and was unable to post a classified ad. Almost there so guess the next time I have something to sell I will be able to post an ad.
I know the 50 number was reduced from 100 but trying to add decent comments on here, getting to 50 was harder than I thought.

• 1 year later...
On 2018-01-14 at 10:34 AM, pgamboa said:

On 2018-01-16 at 10:15 AM, Fall Sniper said:

I’m new on here and was wondering if anyone can tell me were do I go or click from my iPhone to private message pgamboa in regards to dl8 wiring to a dl3 mirrors on this site.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Juan landeros said:

if i use the plug and play harnesses should everything work fine?  puddle lights folding mirrors. move my mirrors up and down left and right and turn signals??? becouse i bought oem harnesses and alot of that dont work

If you order Phil’s custom harness, they will be pinned for all DL3 functions.