New To GM Trucks

Psilver063

Hey ya’ll my name isPatrick and I’m a new member.  I have been a Chevy guy for the past 10-12 years.  Just bought a 2017 Silverado Crew Cab Custom addition on Friday.  It’s actually brand new, and the rebates and incentives were up in the 10-12k range so it was a good buy for me. Before that had the same truck but the 2014 which I bought brand new but my job at the time had me driving 55k miles a year so it was up at 171,500 miles in 3.5 years.

I’m looking for where I need to post information regarding installation of the OEM backup camera being that is basically the only thing this Custom is lacking.  Has the 7” screen IOB, but also has all of the Apple car play and android raido and all of that other jazz.  Running boards, spray in bed liner, towing pack, 5.3 eco, ect.  Just can’t believe it doesn’t have the backup cam.  So if you could, please direct me to the correct forum where I could get the info.

Appreciate it

Patrick 

Welcome.  I'm not sure if there is a way to add an OEM back-up camera to truck, you may find it is easier and cheaper to add an aftermarket back-up camera installed at a local car audio/stereo place? 

Just a thought, hopefully someone with some experience can chime in and let you know which is the best route to go.

There is I ordered the new module for behind the touch screen speced for my VIN and tailgate handle from infotainment.com.  They specialize in just that.  It’s OEM and genuine GM.  It’s about a 30 min install.  I have the mod near the spare tire to except the backup camera wire harness it’s just about updating the module behind the touch screen.  No wire splicing it is all plug in and go.  

Also if you have remote locks on your 17 Silverado you can upgrade to OEM remote start by ordering fobs and having a dealer program them.  You must have power locks though to do it

• 2 weeks later...

Another recent upgrade I had the dealer add remote start and got the new fobs, OnStar added the remote start the the My Chevy app on my phone after a few phone calls beteeen Onstar and my dealership.  Most folks think if you add remote start it can’t be linked to On Star and the mobile app but as long as it is not an aftermArket remote start they have no issue adding it to your phone app.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived