2019 RAM Has A Massive 12-Inch Uconnect System

Zane

Why is everyone so concerned about not keeping their eyes on the road? Perhaps this is what wrong with most drivers now-a-days, they are overly concerned about what's going on, on the dash, and less concerned about what going on around them on the road.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Daly said:

Why is everyone so concerned about not keeping their eyes on the road? Perhaps this is what wrong with most drivers now-a-days, they are overly concerned about what's going on, on the dash, and less concerned about what going on around them on the road.

Won't be a problem soon, as autonomous driving becomes more of a thing...  :) 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Mercracing said:

Looking at the pictures, I like the design. Don’t like it, don’t get that option. Think it’ll be too bright, turn off the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a big problem with original screens in vehicles 2 decades ago.  It's pretty much not a problem any more, as they use polarized glass and sensors to get the brightness just right.

Have you backed up at 2017? They have not gotten the brightness just right. When the back up camera comes on its all I can do to see out side the truck. Usually have to open the slider.

On 2018-01-19 at 11:40 AM, Nargg said:

Won't be a problem soon, as autonomous driving becomes more of a thing...  :) 

I'm thinking tide pods will take care of those window lickers before autonomous cars come into play.

Edited by Daly
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Daly said:

Have you backed up at 2017? They have not gotten the brightness just right. When the back up camera comes on its all I can do to see out side the truck. Usually have to open the slider.

There is a fix out for this since the end of September apparently. Just got mine fixed at the dealer this week and it is much better!

On 1/16/2018 at 10:16 PM, WilliamBos said:

Wrong - the trans is a ZF 8 speed unit (now built by Chrysler under licence from ZF, Chrysler is not the only manufacturer using this trans.) which is fully electronic - the only cable provision on it is a park over ride cable which is under a panel below the headlight switch. 

The 6 speed trucks have a column shifter  - not a dial.  My 17 Ram has the 65RFE 6 speed which has a column shifter.

I understand that the transmissions technology is what makes it possible to use a  dial instead of a lever to change gears this same technology allows them to use push buttons or any lever like device of their choosing... I think the dial requires too much fine motor control also I have to take my hands off the wheel to use it, I can operate the shifter on my Chevy w/o taking my hand off the wheel. 

• 1 year later...

I didn’t like the 12 foot touchscreen. ( I know it’s 12 inch)

too big for my needs an 8.5 or 9 inch would be better, but I came from a 2012 Sierra that didn’t have one period. 

Someone I work with has a Ram limited with that iPad thing in it and he has been having a few issues with it.