FCA US Launches All-New Ram 1500 – Specs, Photos, Video

Gorehamj

Exactly, They upped the interior?  Wow....Let's talk about the screen after setting in AZ parking lot on 118 degree day...Yeah sure FIAT will back that.  It's just even more obvious the GM has signaled a commanding lead in powertrains.....Look at my truck check the interior pretty cool.....GM builds a hands down ALL Around better truck no comparison really...unless you like your interior to look "Cool" 

They look really good, but if you want one, just wait a couple years to buy as they drop like a rock in resale (I used to drive em years ago, but couldnt take the hit anymore). Really sharp though...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

On 1/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, Texas Daddy said:

They look really good, but if you want one, just wait a couple years to buy as they drop like a rock in resale (I used to drive em years ago, but couldnt take the hit anymore). Really sharp though...

I have noticed RAM takes a hell of a hit in value at 2 and 3 years. Thousands more than GM and Ford which are bad enough.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:39 AM, Texas Daddy said:

Wait until that new e torque system gets factored in to resale, that should tank the last few remaining dollars it was worth. Ram is forcing the V6 buyers to take it & optional on the Hemi. From the video I watched, that e system is not something that can be deleted or unplugged as everything runs through it. Unsure how long that charge system will last that they put in to the back of the cab or the cost to replace out of warranty. It will be interesting for sure & something to learn. But have to think it will drag down resale.

Wait until that new e torque system gets factored in to resale, that should tank the last few remaining dollars it was worth. Ram is forcing the V6 buyers to take it & optional on the Hemi. From the video I watched, that e system is not something that can be deleted or unplugged as everything runs through it. Unsure how long that charge system will last that they put in to the back of the cab or the cost to replace out of warranty. It will be interesting for sure & something to learn. But have to think it will drag down resale.
They said the same thing about the Prius...lots of them on the road new and used.

Steve
2012 2500hd

1 hour ago, '01LS1 said:

An article I read made it sound like the only way to get the Hemi without the eTorque was on lower trim models. Sounds like it will be standard are most mid to upper trim levels. Suppose we'll find out soon as it sounds like production starts this month and I would imagine the Ram website will be updated soon with more details.

Archived