Need Help with a Tail/brake light kill switch install

I know you can consider this to be dumb and dangerous, but i live in southern Mexico, and have to travel a lot at night.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado LS 1500 2WD, L83, 6L90.

Long Story Short, i want to install a brake light/ tail light kill switch so i can drive through particularly dangerous zones minimizing the change of being followed.

Anyone that can help me with that? 

Is there a way of installing a on-demand kill switch on a third gen, so i can drive only with my stock headlights?

Thanks to anyone in advance

You can always simply install some switches of your choosing into the wiring harness. 

Pursuit versions might have an "all dark" switch and, if so, maybe you figure a way to add it. Probably complicated if even possible. 

12 minutes ago, austingta said:

You can always simply install some switches of your choosing into the wiring harness. 

I will try this, let you know what results

Thanks

I was thinking about doing something similar, but to my trailer harness(es), so like the 18-wheelers, I can flash my trailer lights to thank the person behind me for the assist.  You'll require two switches, one for tails and the other for brakes.  You may even luck out with tapping into the brake lights above the brake pedal. 

• 4 weeks later...

VdellaV, you should think hard about killing ALL the lights if your concern is from a security perspective. I don't know if your worry is a cartel perspective or just a general "the less they know the better" so you need to take into account what your needs are but your headlights will still cast quite a light in the darkness of the desert at night.

If you do go for a total kill switch and plan on driving at night with no lights I'd recommend looking into getting a night vision monocular you can head/helmet mount. You could also install IR lights from the front of your vehicle so you are completely dark from the naked eye but can see. Make sure if you do this that you also kill all interior lights or you'll washout your vision.

One thing to note. If this is a cartel thing I'd caution you about it. Cartels are getting pretty setup with nvgs and such from what I've heard so if you can see they can see. There is a choice to make between attempting to be secure and security through obscurity, or not calling attention to yourself.

Archived