Can't make this up, but wish I could

New to forum and felt compelled to post. I bought a new 15 Sierra crew cab 4X4 in July of 2015 because of my loyalty to GM trucks. I had my prior 2000 Z71 for 15 trouble free years and was the best vehicle I ever owner. I wish I could say that about my current. My current truck looks showroom new and has only 17k miles. I think it really misses the gm dealership because it won't stay out of it. From springs, shocks, brakes, rough idle, electronic problems, misaligned warped center console, torque converter, continued rough shifting and the occasional disappearing radio display.??? I just laugh every time something else happens because sometimes you just win, I get it. Tough to buy a truck that almost stickers for 50k and just accept it, but what can you really do? (GM will just offer a gift certificate to appease you). My real problem is when I read a new article from Motor Trend detailing the release of the new Silverado.  Mark Reuss, head of GM Global Product said this: "when the current Silverado came out, GM was coming out of bankruptcy and needed to get the truck out quickly. This fourth-generation is the truck he really wanted to make." So I guess GM needed to produce a "lesser truck" to pay for the forth-generation, and believe me it shows. It truly blows my mind when you make a statement such as this, especially when I read about all the issues on this site. Great job GM, I'll make sure to remember that with my next truck purchase. 

Welcome, thanks for joining and being a contributing member and just to make a long drawn out complaint.

Have you checked out the other companies forums? They are filled with issues and complaints too, that is how forums work. People like you come on and complain after having a few issues, it is a very small percentage of actual trucks that have issues. If you were to go based off this forum you would think every truck shook or the 2014's are lemon garbage, nothing could be further from the truth. My 14 has been bullet proof like most everyone else. Are there going to be problems? Sure, every manufacturer has problems and lemons but most have no issues, just some are worse than others (ie Ram). Go ahead and enjoy your next Dodge and let us know how that works out, or Toyota or Ford. Nothing is accomplished by coming on a forum and putting up a big long winded complaint thread.

"Believe me it shows"? When these were introduced, they were far and away better than the previous gens and were class leading until the next manufacturer releases a new truck. That is how it works, each brand is the best and class leading until the next brand has an all new truck come out. Ram was until the 14's came out and they were until the 15 F150 came out and so on, it is a circle of truck life.

Best of luck I guess? Sounds like you are the type that is never satisfied and your next brand will be a disappointment as well...

BTW, it is super easy to make that stuff up, it is the internet so it is super easy to lie and come in and troll if that is what is going on (not saying you did but saying it is easy to do...).

Tyler

New to forum and felt compelled to post. I bought a new 15 Sierra crew cab 4X4 in July of 2015 because of my loyalty to GM trucks. I had my prior 2000 Z71 for 15 trouble free years and was the best vehicle I ever owner. I wish I could say that about my current. My current truck looks showroom new and has only 17k miles. I think it really misses the gm dealership because it won't stay out of it. From springs, shocks, brakes, rough idle, electronic problems, misaligned warped center console, torque converter, continued rough shifting and the occasional disappearing radio display.??? I just laugh every time something else happens because sometimes you just win, I get it. Tough to buy a truck that almost stickers for 50k and just accept it, but what can you really do? (GM will just offer a gift certificate to appease you). My real problem is when I read a new article from Motor Trend detailing the release of the new Silverado.  Mark Reuss, head of GM Global Product said this: "when the current Silverado came out, GM was coming out of bankruptcy and needed to get the truck out quickly. This fourth-generation is the truck he really wanted to make." So I guess GM needed to produce a "lesser truck" to pay for the forth-generation, and believe me it shows. It truly blows my mind when you make a statement such as this, especially when I read about all the issues on this site. Great job GM, I'll make sure to remember that with my next truck purchase. 
I too was blown away when I read that. Couldn't believe a GM rep would say they put anything less than 100% into designing the truck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, m3n00b said:

I too was blown away when I read that. Couldn't believe a GM rep would say they put anything less than 100% into designing the truck.

Our generation was already sold, good way to sell the new one

Our generation was already sold, good way to sell the new one

They still have a couple hundred thousand to sell. Who would buy one after reading that?

I did not get to read the article nor the specific comment. However I do remember that the K2's were not a clean slate redesign. If I remember correctly, the current K2 frame is a tweaked version of the 900's. It is not that they were building a bad truck, but am assuming he meant that he wanted to get a whole new design in place, from frame, wheel base & models(like the trail boss) etc. 

My memory may not be perfect on this time line, but think it is pretty close. I bought a 2013 Sierra April 1 2013. The K2's were announced Dec 2012 & on the lots as a 2014 model in May of 2013. In Jan or Feb of 2013 they were already announcing the teams, collecting designs & putting things in place for the new 2019's. 

They needed to get the K2 trucks out quickly because the gmt-900 trucks were garbage. They couldn’t possibly keep selling those and uphold any kind of reputation.

P.S. I have no complaints about my 14 Sierra.  I just change the oil and keep on trucking.

Real bummer to hear about your issues. Personally I've got 25k miles on my truck and it doesn't have any issues. A few tiny things the dealer took care of but nothing that stopped my world. (CD got stuck in the unit for example)

I remember before deciding on GM I looked at a bunch of other forums with varying degrees of fanboy and complaints. I tell you what, I don't think I'll ever look at a forum before buying a new truck, you see a lot of bad and it scares you as a buyer.

Don't forget that the internet is where some folks go to vent their frustrations. You'll always find more complaints than compliments on a forum.

There are hundreds of thousands of good running GM trucks out there. Mine included (so far) What you see here is a small sample of the big picture.

16 hours ago, m3n00b said:

Not I! So what else did anyone really expect they would say: "Essentially with the upcoming gen we f-&#*d it up even more"???? The real question is should we have believed GM/Chevy then or should we believe them now?

From the firm who designed an promoted a new truck look and continued use of steel in truck beds ...the new gen's rounded wheel wells of a Ford... the new gen's reduction of hundreds of pounds of weight substituting even more aluminum, plastic and fiber with less confidence of durability past the 3/36 warranty.......the new gen's more intrusive emissions kludges to get that extra 10 drops per mile of gasoline........ and a new environmentally friendly 1234yf refrigerant that is less capable of heat transfer while with its new proprietary lubricants being much more expensive than older 134a and as a bonus FLAMMABLE........to summarize: the new GM trucks will look like a Ford F-150 which upon impact may explode like a Ford Pinto.

No complaints here. My almost 2 y.o. '16 Z71 Silverado has only been back to the dealer twice.....once for the AA upgrade to the MyLink and once for a free yearly State inspection.... drives great and smooth riding all the way to 80+ mph.

I've had my '15 three years today. It has almost 42 thousand miles, the only issue I've had is a broken rear leaf spring. Dealer replaced both, no more issues. I love my truck, yes the trans drives me crazy from time to time but I average over 20 mpg all the time and even with the crappy Goodyears it drives and rides great. I had an'04 Colorado that had 140 thousand trouble free miles that I sold to a friend who still drives it trouble free. A '95 Silverado that was trouble free for 153k miles except for a throttle position sensor. Hope you can get some type of resolve with your truck. I would never own another GM if I had your issues.

Bob

Archived