krzyd's 2014 Denali

krzyd

The Beginning

These build threads are always inspiring and there is some amazing work and creativity out there. So I have decided to make some significant changes to my DD, it started life as a run of the mill 2014 Denali 5.3 4WD with 20" chrome rims and the BS Goodyear tires that came stock. 

20140406_160342.jpg

Life went on as it does, and I made some minor changes, I did a resonator delete and added an INGEN CAI with a Diablo tune. I added wireless phone charging to the center console, kicker subwoofer. HID headlamps, putco luminix fogs added, as well as led on all aux lighting. I also replaced shocks (Rancho's 1.5 ' level lift) and shoehorned 34.5" tires underneath, and Hellwig swaybars front and back.

20170321_124010.jpg

20180118_162701

I added a LineX bed and tool box.

20161019_161150

Edited by krzyd
  • Like 1

So this has all been very vanilla and unexciting, and maybe what's to come will end up being MEH, I don't know. These are big plans to me, so here goes, the truck is going under the knife next week or so for about a month, here are the plans:

-3/5 drop, 22" Foose wheels, these in gunmetal finish, undecided on tire size yet, depends on fitment, going as wide as possible in backSpider-Black-Machine-w_1000_2105.png

-Whipple supercharger (9psi boost planned), gunmetal powdercoating on body, reservoir will approx 3x larger, and possibly a larger intercooler, cuz Florida, the goal is 450 to the wheels.

LT1_CAD_800.jpg

-Dual exhaust with cutouts after cats, black tips, barely visible

-Nerf bar delete (obviously)

-Mechanical AFM delete

-Wheel well trim painted body color

-Chrome delete for most trim/door handles in favor of body color

-Grill insert, Denali logo and door bumper strips will be gunmetal

That is my current vision, let's see how it progresses.

Edited by krzyd
  • Like 2

So Foose doesn't make many 6 lug wheels, I've changed to this. I will get the first set in the U.S., so I'm told.:rolleyes:

niche_wheels_m204_vosso_gloss_anthracite

Edited by krzyd

1 hour ago, CMoore711 said:

Slight light with 34.5" tires to 3/5 drop with 22" rims is quite a different direction!  With that much of a drop a 24" rim would look killer!

Good luck on the build and update us on the progress!

I agree, I don't want to give up too much ride/handling though.

So finallized parts orders today, with a couple of changes, changed supercharger to Magnacharger unit, something about the bypass actuator design, and better warranty. Oh...added one of these to each corner :).

brake_kit_140-8992-D-med-lg.jpg

Should have enough parts to get started next week!!!

Edited by krzyd

On 1/18/2018 at 12:55 PM, krzyd said:

So finallized parts orders today, with a couple of changes, changed supercharger to Magnacharger unit, something about the bypass actuator design, and better warranty. Oh...added one of these to each corner :).

brake_kit_140-8992-D-med-lg.jpg

Should have enough parts to get started next week!!!

those are the ones I want. But need to see if I'm keeping the 24" Also want small in the rear for slicks. PLEASE photos and write up on them. 

I find braking have been compromised. With the boost on there is no vacuum and the pedal isn't "right" there. 

Is there a power level you are trying to hit? 9lb is 500ish power. Or 620hp at the flywheel. 

Have you thought about Meth/alcohol/water. On a boost switch and a controller it is amazing!!!!  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 4:19 PM, CMoore711 said:

Slight light with 34.5" tires to 3/5 drop with 22" rims is quite a different direction!  With that much of a drop a 24" rim would look killer!

Good luck on the build and update us on the progress!

I have that rim and that drop. Looks and drives great but traction with that rim is another issue. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 11:36 AM, 1SLOW1500 said:

those are the ones I want. But need to see if I'm keeping the 24" Also want small in the rear for slicks. PLEASE photos and write up on them. 

I find braking have been compromised. With the boost on there is no vacuum and the pedal isn't "right" there. 

Is there a power level you are trying to hit? 9lb is 500ish power. Or 620hp at the flywheel. 

Have you thought about Meth/alcohol/water. On a boost switch and a controller it is amazing!!!!  

I would like to be 500 to the wheels,  I've looked at the Meth systems, seems like a cost effective add. I kind of want to see how the current plans change my world view :).

Brakes are finally here, everything else confirmed next week, so truck is going in next Friday, I'm going to get a couple of the cosmetic things done early next week, so there will be some actual progress pics soon.

20180130_153438

• Like 3