Popping in speakers - '07 Silverado

This must be a Chevrolet thing...

When I turn the key to start my truck, my speakers pop.  Every time no matter what.

Also when I plug in a phone charger in either of the two 12V ports on the dash, my radio cuts out and the speakers pop like crazy.

Any idea what I should check to resolve this?  The popping is quite loud each time so it could potentially damage the speakers and my hearing 

• 2 weeks later...

more info is needed, what type of audio system? anything added? bose? amp? did you buy a cheap phone charger? the inverters in cheap chargers cause issues and interferance  might just be a chevy thing what ever that is

wiff the tweets in the pillars i would say you have the base amplified system. and you amp might be on the way out. if you got the center console pull up the cup holders and you should see the amp. test to see if amp has a solid ground connection. possible speakers need replacing. if you have a multimeter you can test all speaker wires there at amp. also something a came across while working in the shops... did you buy the truck used? found out customers kids would insert coins in cd slot, just an idea. 

Archived