rear window defrost

I have noticed this with the rear window defrost on my truck. Everytime I get in to start the truck, the rear defrost is on when I turn on the heat/fan. I turn it off because I didnt need it as it is parked inside overnight. Next day when I startup, its on again. Any ideas?

My 17 does this. There is a setting in the infotainment for this but with remote start depending on the temp. its coming on regardless. I would like to not have it come on all the time, seems like it will burn out prematurely if it continues.

My 17 does this. There is a setting in the infotainment for this but with remote start depending on the temp. its coming on regardless. I would like to not have it come on all the time, seems like it will burn out prematurely if it continues.
Your rear defrost coming on for 10 minutes during remote starts in the winter time isn't enough to burn out the heating element. I believe the rear defrost will actually turn itself off after 20 minutes. After which, you'll have to reactivate it if you still need it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

It also depends on your HVAC settings.  If you turn on the "AUTO" setting the truck will adjust heat, A/C, defrost, heated/cooled seats, air location (dash/feet), etc. based on the outside temp and humidity.

8 hours ago, Obscenejesster said:

Your rear defrost coming on for 10 minutes during remote starts in the winter time isn't enough to burn out the heating element. I believe the rear defrost will actually turn itself off after 20 minutes. After which, you'll have to reactivate it if you still need it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Haven’t driven that long, usually shut it off when I twist the key. 

6 hours ago, sk said:

It also depends on your HVAC settings.  If you turn on the "AUTO" setting the truck will adjust heat, A/C, defrost, heated/cooled seats, air location (dash/feet), etc. based on the outside temp and humidity.

Nothing is on auto!

Archived