New Chevy/GMC Truck Wheel Openings

Not a fan of the new body style, it just does not look right with round wheel openings, I bought my 15 because it looked different than other trucks, the new truck  looks like a Dodge.  Going to the auto show this weekend so I will get an in person look.  Wonder why they changed.

IMG_1257.JPG

you put it in the 2015-2018 2500 section.  

This is a discussion about the new 2019 trucks so it was moved into the 2019 section.  It does not belong in the old truck section.

Nice looking trucks!^^^    Since reading this thread,  I have noticed the variety in wheel opening shapes on various models throughout the years. I have also noticed just how relatively conservative (safe) GM has been with their design changes.  At least,  I can't recall a change as dramatic as the Ram in '94 or even Ford in.97.   There is nothing about the new design that would prevent me from taking advantage of a good deal on an '18!

For me the big draw of the new trucks is the redesigned cab dimensions, 7" wider bed, and all-new front suspension. The Trail Boss is finally the legitimate offroad package that the Z71 was supposed to be but never was.

To me the wheel well openings on the 2019 truck aren't bad. I like the square wheel well openings on my 2014 just fine. As long as they don't just trace the wheels like Ford does, I'm alright with it.

Archived