TruXP Exhaust

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bndawgs said:

Sorry, Autoanything is having a 50% off sale on their systems right now. 

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/truxp-black-tip-exhaust-systems

I figured I'd take a chance at $351 shipped.  Should be here today or tomorrow.   It's made by Flowmaster. 

I don't see where it says made by flowmaster, although they compare it to the 40 series. Really wanted the Flowmaster Outlaw (series 10) but this is pretty compelling. Wonder how long the sale goes for. Let us know your impressions. 

Just now, Penguin VII said:

I don't see where it says made by flowmaster, although they compare it to the 40 series. Really wanted the Flowmaster Outlaw (series 10) but this is pretty compelling. Wonder how long the sale goes for. Let us know your impressions. 

I asked the online chat guy if gibon makes this system because i thought i read that in my brief research.  but he said flowmaster does.  

i had tried to get another 5 or 10% off.  i'm pretty sure i could hear the guy scoffing at me through the computer. lol  

i wanted the duals out the side, so i figured i'd give this system a shot.  

Sorry, Autoanything is having a 50% off sale on their systems right now. 

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/truxp-black-tip-exhaust-systems

I figured I'd take a chance at $351 shipped.  Should be here today or tomorrow.   It's made by Flowmaster. 

Standing by for review, the 50% off sale is a good deal. It looks like these are the fkowmaster outlaw systems and they have another truxp exhuast that is a rebranded Gibson system going for $250 with the sale that I was looking at.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TruXP is their house brand so it could just be rebranded namebrand system. I have their TruXP tuner/programmer.

I asked for a discount on it and they gave me like $15 off so cant hurt to try.

The picture shows the option of putting the tailpipes out the back as well, i wonder if thats included as its shown.

8 minutes ago, Ozer said:

TruXP is their house brand so it could just be rebranded namebrand system. I have their TruXP tuner/programmer.

I asked for a discount on it and they gave me like $15 off so cant hurt to try.

The picture shows the option of putting the tailpipes out the back as well, i wonder if thats included as its shown.

I just checked. The guy at autoanything told me that this is a rebranded Flowmaster American Thunder kit. Literally the same kit just without the Flowmaster branding. (Maybe factory seconds, who knows?) The 50% off sale goes until Jan 31, so there is a bit of time left, unless they sell out or are liquidating their stock. (liquidation seems possible considering the steep discount)

I'm looking at Flowmaster online and supposedly the Outlaw kit has 3" piping front to back, where as the American Thunder kit is 3" in and 2.5" out. Odd thing is that they don't sell the 10 series in a 3" in/out in center/dual config. Which means it's either custom for their outlaw catback kit or a marketing error.

Really wanting to pull the trigger on this kit at the price. Even with the addition of a series 10 muffler I'm coming out WAY ahead in terms of cost. Just wonder if the 2.5" vs 3" out is going to make the sound much different.

Edit: Forgot to address the question. It does come with both straight back and side exit pipes so you can choose/change.

Just do it, thats a great price for it and no tax and free shipping. I will go with 3" since the 5.3L has 2.75 pipe as stock but maybe someone who knows will chime in on which one to get.

And then put it on asap and come here and upload a video so we can all buy it before the 31st :)

If this was available in 3" all the way I'd pull the trigger. However, it's 3" to 2.5" out. I'm a little nervous that with the smaller diameter pipe I'll lose some of that deep tone I'm hoping for.

All the videos I've seen that show the American Thunder kit (3"/2.5") are not as loud or deep as I'm hoping for and the videos that show The Outlaw kit (3"/3") are loud and deep. I've also seen a handful of videos where just the muffler back is replaced by a local place. However I've read conflicting stories about what size pipe is used from the muffler back (2.5", 2.75" or 3").  If I could get a consistent set of videos or know that the 2.5" would sound deep enough it would be on the way.

If this was available in 3" all the way I'd pull the trigger. However, it's 3" to 2.5" out. I'm a little nervous that with the smaller diameter pipe I'll lose some of that deep tone I'm hoping for.

All the videos I've seen that show the American Thunder kit (3"/2.5") are not as loud or deep as I'm hoping for and the videos that show The Outlaw kit (3"/3") are loud and deep. I've also seen a handful of videos where just the muffler back is replaced by a local place. However I've read conflicting stories about what size pipe is used from the muffler back (2.5", 2.75" or 3").  If I could get a consistent set of videos or know that the 2.5" would sound deep enough it would be on the way.
It varies by company. I was looking at Borla and Corsa and the Borla is 2.75" to muffler then 2.5" after. Corsa is 3" the whole way through. I'd say it's better going 2.75" or bigger, don't want to go smaller than what comes stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Got it installed today.  Install was pretty straight forward .  I did have to drop the spare tire and jack up the passenger side frame in order to get the exhaust out in one piece.  I did it with the rear on ramps.  If you're on a lift, you might have enough space to remove it without messing with the spare.  

Details :

3" in,  2.5" out

13" muffler 

Hardware came in a Flowmaster bag and the tips said Flowmaster on them.  

Pros :

Like the option of side exit or rear 

Straightforward to install, parts all fit perfectly and hangers were in right spots 

Cold start sounded great 

Couldn't hear any drone

Nice deep rumble 

Cons:

Clamps provided suck. I broke one trying to tighten it down to seal up a small leak. 

Clamps are really my only gripe.  I'm going to have to go get band clamps. 

It's hard for me to assess the normal driving sounds yet as I'm driving around with one clamp missing and a couple small leaks.  Once I get that all dealt with, I'll feel better with giving more info.  

For me, I'm extremely happy with the sound.   It's loud when you want it to be, but you can drive thru the neighborhood without making too much noise as well.  

I didn't get to test it on the highway yet, so can't comment there.  

Couple pics of what you get.  

20180120_154051.jpg

20180120_154016.jpg

20180120_154102.jpg

Archived