TruXP Exhaust

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure its designed to work better 3"/2.5" combo, otherwise why would a company like Flowmaster who do extensive research and testing will just guess on this combination. I say go with it, you will be fine.

If you are looking for a screamer of an exhaust then you may need to look at Borla or Carven system.

56 minutes ago, Ozer said:

Im sure its designed to work better 3"/2.5" combo, otherwise why would a company like Flowmaster who do extensive research and testing will just guess on this combination. I say go with it, you will be fine.

If you are looking for a screamer of an exhaust then you may need to look at Borla or Carven system.

I'm at the point now where I am gonna hack the muffler and resonator out first, give that a listen and see how it sounds. From there I may go with it and then upgrade/modify as necessary. I really like the look of dual exhaust but sadly I haven't been able to find a shop around me that uses mandrel bending, just crush bending.

If anyone knows of a shop in new england that can mandrel bend exhaust without costing me a fortune I'd appreciate the info.

Hopefully we can get a audio clip of this bad boy this week.

I do have a video at cold startup, but i haven't had a chance to upload it anywhere.  it's 36Mb, so I don't think i can upload it here. 

I will admit that V4 does sound a bit funky, but i haven't had enough time with it to get a true feel for what it'll sound like.  Truck does seem to have more pep, but that could also just be a mental thing.  

LOL. 

You can upload it to you tube then link it here.

I have a used Range for sale, let me know if you are interested in getting rid of V4 mode.

I got a tuner so no need for the range anymore. $150 shipped

41 minutes ago, Ozer said:

LOL. 

You can upload it to you tube then link it here.

I have a used Range for sale, let me know if you are interested in getting rid of V4 mode.

I got a tuner so no need for the range anymore. $150 shipped

thanks for the offer, but I'll probably go the tune route at some point.  I had picked up a few new range devices for $99 each, but ended up selling them all for $150 each.  

Try adding it by clicking the attachment icon when you are typing a response. Bottom left corner.

I went to your profile and listened to it, sounds nice! Tips look sort or small in diameter though, unless you dont have the tips on yet?

I went to your profile and gave a listen as well. Sounds good. Do wish those tips were a big beefier though. They look a bit small from the video. Guess that extra 1" really makes it huh? (insert thats what she said)

1 hour ago, Penguin VII said:

I went to your profile and gave a listen as well. Sounds good. Do wish those tips were a big beefier though. They look a bit small from the video. Guess that extra 1" really makes it huh? (insert thats what she said)

1" makes a huge difference, is what she said...

But yeah, this setup def needs new tips

Yeah, pipes are on the smaller side.  Perhaps since they are only 2.5"?  They didn't really stand out as too small for my taste, so I'm ok with them.  

I've had a few more days of driving around, mostly just commuting.  Still haven't had a chance to take a highway drive.   That's still on my list to do. 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the system.   Under light acceleration, the growl is really nice.  At cruising, you can hardly hear it. 

The big issue is that once you take off that factory exhaust, the shortcomings of the stock transmission settings are really highlighted.  V4 mode is pretty lousy if I do say so myself.   I do mainly commuting driving, so the truck is constantly going into V4 mode. 

So I'm kind of torn between going back to stock, dealing with it, or getting a tune.   I'm confident that turning off V4 mode will fix the issues, but I'm not sure if I want to spend another $2-$300 on one.  Even though I'd still be way under on the cost of a full price cat back system.   

41 minutes ago, bndawgs said:

So I'm kind of torn between going back to stock, dealing with it, or getting a tune.   I'm confident that turning off V4 mode will fix the issues, but I'm not sure if I want to spend another $2-$300 on one.  Even though I'd still be way under on the cost of a full price cat back system.   

I recently got the TruXP tuner so i dont have use for my Range anymore, if you are interested let me know. I was thinking of asking $150 shipped but i can take less, Message me if you want it.

41 minutes ago, bndawgs said:

Archived