Leveled 1999 silverado

So I recently inherited a 99 silverado and I want to lift it a little. I was planning on cranking the keys and adding a leaf in the back to clear 33s without rubbing. I have heard stories of having to redo front ends because of overcranking torsion bars. I was wondering can I put hdtorsionbads on my 1500 and will that give me any lift??

Not sure about the HD bars, might just ride rougher. You can get torsion keys for about 50$ that will lift it more than the stock ones. You can lift to the point the CV axles might bind, but I don’t think the torsion bars alone will do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, vortecsix said:

Not sure about the HD bars, might just ride rougher. You can get torsion keys for about 50$ that will lift it more than the stock ones. You can lift to the point the CV axles might bind, but I don’t think the torsion bars alone will do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input.  What brand has them for 50? All I have seen have been upwards of 100

7 hours ago, kstruckcountry said:

The torsion bars aren't what wears out the front end. It's the front end permanently being at extreme angles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know that but my torsion bars are old and worn out, figure they might snap at some point too

Archived